South Bend | SKU: SB1016
18" x 60" Lathe 220V
South Bend - 18" x 60" Lathe 220V
- Two headstock gear speed ranges supply high torque in low range from 20 to 400 RPM and constant power from 400 to 2500 RPM in high range
- Precision hardened and ground headstock gears for super smooth operation.
- D1-6 camlock spindle has large 2-1/16" hole through spindle
- The heavy-duty bed incorporates South Bend Lathe's signature 3 V-way and 1flat way design, which assures precision alignment of the headstock, tailstock and saddle
- The ways are induction hardened and precision ground to perfection
- Meehanite bed castings.
- Two T-slots are machined into the rear of the cross slide for mounting tooling or fixtures
- Removable chip tray for ease of clean-up.
- Tailstock with inch/metric graduated quill and tang knock-out slot
- Centralized lubrication pump for bed-ways and cross slide
- Dual-reading inch/metric dials on the cross feed and compound
- Full length, rear mounted splash guard
- Lockable main disconnect switch
- Constant surface speed function included (speed changes automatically when you move cross-slide). This is a very good feature when you are taking off a lot of material as you do not have to figure out a new speed as the part becomes smaller in diameter.
- Top quality Japanese NSK bearings.
- Emergency foot brake.
- One shot lubrication in carriage.
- 6" Tailstock barrel travel.
- Variable speed controlled by simple dial.
- Digital spindle speed indicator.
- Yaskawa frequency drive.
- Swing over bed: 18.11"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Swing over cross slide: 11.02"
- Swing over gap: 27.95"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Compound travel: 5.39"
- Spindle nose: D1-8 camlock
- Spindle bore: 3.125"
- Taper inside spindle: MT#7
- Spindle speed: Variable from 18 to 1800 RPM
- RPM ranges: 18 to 55, 55 to 180, 180 to 600, 600 to 1800
- Inch threads: (38) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (40) 0.4 to 14mm
- Modular threads: (18) 0.3 to 3.5
- Diametral threads: (21) 8 to 44
- Longitudinal feed: 0.0015 to 0.040 IPR
- Cross feed: 0.00075 to 0.020 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 40
- Tailstock quill diameter: 3"
- Tailstock quill travel: 6.5"
- Tailstock taper: MT#5
- Spindle motor: 10 HP, 3 phase, 220V
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP
- Footprint: 27" x 110-1/4"
- Approximate shipping weight: 5522 lbs.
- 12" 3-Jaw D1-8 scroll chuck
- 14" 4-Jaw D1-8 independent chuck
- 14" face plate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- 4-way tool post
- Halogen lamp
- Complete coolant system
- Turret micrometer stop
- Two Morse taper dead centers
- Single saddle stop
- Thread dial indicator
- Leveling bolts
- Tool box
- USA written instruction manual
Optional Equipment:SB1271 Taper Attachment
- SB1272 Collet Attachment for 5-C Collets
Animation for SB1016