South Bend - 18" x 60" Lathe 440V
Free shipping within the Contiguous United States.
Sales of this outlet item are limited to quantity on hand.
"In every way this precision equipment measures up to the excellence you expect from a South Bend® Lathe"
–Turn Nado, South Bend® catalog circa 1967
This statement is still true today! Quality and precision have been the hallmark in the production of this machine and it shows in every detail — from its surface finishes to its mass and power! Strict adherence to details like hardened and ground ways, extra long saddle, 6.5" of stroke in the tailstock, pressurized spindle lube, extra wide gears in the headstock and of course, electronic variable speed make this machine a pleasure to use and ensures long term durability. It also comes with a full package of accessories: 3-jaw & 4-jaw chucks, faceplate, follow and steady rests and flood coolant just to name a few. Beautiful South Bend® light gray and two-tone blue color scheme. This machine is truly designed to get the job done efficiently and to spec every time
- Swing over bed: 18.11"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Swing over cross slide: 11.02"
- Swing over gap: 27.95"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Compound travel: 5.39"
- Spindle nose: D1-8 camlock
- Spindle bore: 3.125"
- Taper inside spindle: MT#7
- Spindle speed: Variable from 18 to 1800 RPM
- RPM ranges: 18 to 55, 55 to 180, 180 to 600,600 to 1800
- Inch threads: (38) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (40) 0.4 to 14mm
- Modular pitches: (18) 0.3 to 3.5
- Diametral pitches: (21) 8 to 44
- Longitudinal feed: 0.0015 to 0.040 IPR
- Cross feed: 0.0075 to 0.020 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 15
- Tailstock quill diameter: 3"
- Tailstock quill travel: 6.5"
- Tailstock taper: MT#5
- Spindle motor: 10 HP, 3 phase, 440V
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP
- Footprint: 27" x 110-1/4"
- Approximate shipping weight: 5424 lbs