South Bend VK-430 EVS - 10" X 54" Chipmaster 430 EVS Variable-Speed
click to zoom
Free shipping within the Contiguous United States.
Sales of this outlet item are limited to quantity on hand.
For applications that require large capacities and high tolerances, these full featured 10" x 54" Vertical Milling Machines are ideal! Discerning machinists will appreciate their electronic variable speeds, fully articulated head/ram assemblies, table and knee power feeds, chromed quills, high quality spindle bearings, double-bronzed leadscrew nuts, Allen Bradley® electronics, and swing arm mounted controls. The 5 HP, 3-phase motors run on single-phase 220V power with Yaskawa inverters to provide variable spindle speeds without requiring 3-phase power. True to their South Bend® name, these outstanding milling machines will surpass expectations!
- Table size: 10" x 54"
- Longitudinal travel: 35"
- Cross travel: 16"
- Vertical (knee) travel: 14-1/4"
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 3-phase, AEVF, 1725 RPM, 220V
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: 60–5000 RPM (variable)
- Spindle nose to table: 2-1/4"–16-1/2"
- Spindle centerline to column: 6-1/2" x 26"
- Quill travel: 5"
- Automatic vertical feeds (per revolution): 0.0015", 0.003", 0.006"
- Head swivel: (L&R) 90° & (F&B) 45°
- Ram travel (In/Out): 19-1/2"
- Column swivel: 360°
- Approximate shipping weight: 3216 lbs.
- Dimensions: 66" L x 77" W x 89" H
- Footprint: (L x W ) 41-1/2" x 24-1/2"
- Allen Bradley® electronic components
- High-quality, low-vibration AEVF spindle motor
- Built-in single-phase to 3-phase Yaskawa power inverter
- P4 (ABEC-7) high-precision angular contact spindle bearings
- X & Y leadscrew nuts double-bronzed for ultra-smooth movement with minimal backlash
- Lever-action one-shot pump way lubrication system
- Control panel mounted on adjustable arm
- Complete built-in coolant system
- Table elevation power feed (Z-axis)
- Variable speed X-axis power feed
- Auto-downfeed with micro-adjustable stop
- Hardened and precision-ground table surface
- Chromed-steel quill
- Heavy-duty spindle brake
- Yaskawa 5.5 KW/220V inverter
- Longitudinal table power feed (X-axis) with rapid override
- Table elevation (Z-axis) power feed
- One shot lubrication
- Flood coolant system
- Chip pan for base
- Tool box and manual
- Milling vises
- R-8 collets