Grizzly G4003 - 12" x 36" Gear-Head, Cam Lock Spindle, Gap Bed Lathe
click to zoom
- 6" 3-Jaw chuck w/2 sets of jaws
- 8" 4-Jaw chuck w/reversible jaws
- 10" Faceplate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- Quick-change tool post with one tool holder
- Two MT#3 dead centers (1 carbide-tipped)
- MT#3 live center
- Set of seven change gears
- 1/2" Chuck with MT#3 arbor
- Removable gap bed allows turnings up to 17" in diameter
- Nine spindle speeds - ranging from 70 to 1400 RPM
- Easy-to-use lever controls
- Hardened and ground cast iron bed
- Cuts 4-112 Standard TPI and 0.2-4.5 Metric threads
- Full length splash guard
- Spindle on/off reverse switch on carriage
- Compatible with G7028, G7029, G7030, & G7031, tool holders
- Swing over bed: 12"
- Swing over gap: 17"
- Swing over cross slide: 7"
- Distance between centers: 36"
- Bed width: 7-1/4"
- Spindle bore: 1.417" (36mm)
- Taper of spindle bore: MT#5
- Spindle: Cam Lock D1-4
- Cross slide travel: 6-1/4"
- Compound travel: 3-1/4"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1-9/16"
- Number of speeds: 9
- Range of speeds: 70, 200, 220, 270, 360, 600, 800, 1000, 1400 RPM
- Motor: 2 HP, single phase, 220V 8.5 amps, 60 HZ, 1725 RPM
- Height w/o stand: 23"
- Height w/ stand: 52"
- Length w/ stand: 61"
- Width of stand: 26"
- Approx. shipping weight: 1020 lbs.
Free 4-Pc. Insert Tool Holder Set, including:
- G7028 Lathe Tool Holder - Right Hand
- G7029 Lathe Tool Holder - Left Hand
- G7030 Threading Tool Holder
- G7031 Boring Tool Holder
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
1 Customer Review (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I purchased this machine after months of research. I decided to place my order with Grizzly because of their great customer service and they are a big well established dealer. The lathe arrived in a very large well-made crate with no shipping damage. Set up and cleaning all the rust preventer compound took several hours but was not difficult. The Apron gear box was already filled with oil but the head stock gearbox needed to be filled with 3.5qts of oil which I ordered from a local Mobil oil supply company. It is a light hydraulic oil which is generally available but took about a week to order in.
I turned a 1 inch steel test cylinder without tailstock support to test that the bed was parallel to the head stock. The first pass showed less than .0002 difference over 12 inches. A very small shim near one of the lathe mounting bolts brought this to less than .0001, very hard to measure any smaller and more than acceptable for my purposes. A test cylinder turned between centers was dead on with no measurable difference over 12 inches. Remarkable performance right out of the box. Overall the fit and finish is very good with all slides and ways being properly adjusted.