G0740 14" x 40" 3-Phase High Precision Toolroom Metal Lathe
This full-featured 14" x 40" High-Precision Toolroom Lathe is equipped with just about everything needed to get a machine shop up and running—just add your own tooling! Hardened and precision-ground oil-bath lubricated gears and high quality spindle
bearings are built to withstand heavy turning, yet hold tight tolerances for precision work. Cuts a wide range inch/metric threads and modular/diametral pitches. Features a hardened and precision-ground Meehanite-casting bedway, completely enclosed universal gearbox, complete coolant system, carriage feed stop, micrometer stop, 4-way toolpost, pull-out chip tray, safety foot brake, and one-shot way lubrication. Standard equipment includes 8" 3-jaw universal chuck, 10" 4-jaw independent chuck, 10" faceplate, ball bearing steady
and follow rests, and dead centers.
- Hardened and precision-ground bed with
- Halogen worklight
- 4-way tool post
- Complete coolant system
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Threading dial indicator
- Full-length splash guard
- Front removable sliding chip tray
- Headstock gears run in an oil bath
- Jog button and emergency stop
- Safety chip guard
- Completely enclosed universal gearbox
for cutting inch, metric, modular and
- Swing over bed: 14.17"
- Swing over gap: 20.94"
- Swing over cross slide: 8.66"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Spindle nose: D1-5 camlock
- Spindle nose taper: MT #5
- Spindle bore: 1.653"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT #3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 1.968"
- Cross slide travel: 7"
- Compound travel: 4"
- Motor: 5 HP at 3450 RPM, 2.5 HP at
1725 RPM, 220V, 3-phase
- Spindle speeds: 16, 50–2570 RPM
- Range of threads (inches): 45 @ 2–72 TPI
- Range of threads (metric): 39 @ 0.2–14mm
- Diametral pitch range: 21 @ 8–44 DP
- Modular pitch range: 18 @ 0.3–3.5 MP
- Width of bed: 9"
- Approximate shipping weight: 2684 lbs.
- MT #5 to MT #3 spindle sleeve
- 10" 4-Jaw independent chuck D1-5
- 10" Faceplate D1-5
- 8" 3-Jaw scroll chuck D1-5
- Follow rest
- Service tools
- Six leveling pads
- Steady rest with roller bearing tips
- Two MT #3 dead centers (1 carbon steel
and 1 carbide-tipped)
* Freight cost not applicable to orders shipping outside the contiguous 48 states.
** Final prices will include state sales tax for items shipped to WA, MO, or PA. Shipping charges for items not shipped via truck freight will be added according to our shipping rates