Grizzly G0815 - 15" Heavy-Duty Planer
click to zoom
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 14A
- Maximum cutting width: 15"
- Maximum stock thickness: 6-3/8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 6-3/8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 3/16"
- Feed rate: 16 and 30 FPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3"
- Number of knives: 3 HSS
- Knife size: 15" x 1" x 1/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Infeed roller: solid serrated steel
- Table size: 20-1/8" x 15" x 3-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 32" wide x 23-1/2" high x 28" deep
- Footprint: 20" x 20-1/2"
- Approximate shipping weight: 382 lbs.
- Please see T27650 for the optional stand
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Headstock locks prevent movement while planing
- 4" Dust port
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- Retractable lifting handles
- Rubber outfeed roller
- Serrated steel infeed roller
- Drive gears run in oil bath
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
3 Customer Reviews (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I manufacture wood shutters from Poplar and make a lot of mouldings..
I have had the DW733 for very long then more recently purchased 2 - DW735's to run as an over and under opposed feed system for faster production.. running moulding blanks both directions at the same time.. with carbide knives on both 735's..
As far as steel knives go the DW 733 has better than the DW 735... because they are thick and last.. so I use the carbide on the DW 735's.. but I can only take 1/64" on ~11" material.. at the faster feed rate ..
SO I BOUGHT THIS G0815 15" planer to use as a rough planer to help size my moulding blanks faster.. AS A PRODUCTION PLANER..
IT HAS MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE production wise.. I size them down with one pass each side then final them with the 735's that are set up for precise final surfacing..
I have not tried the G0815 for finish on the slower feed rate just for production on the faster feed rate and it has big power.. ..
I removed the limiter will plane 1" to 3/4 in 2 passes.. 2 - 6" boards at a time.. no prob..
Love the steel blades they hold up fine I have run thousands of feet with no issue..
I always go easy on a new set of blades ,, slow feed light cut.. just to break them in..
This thing is a monster I have it on a roller cart with exit roller table attached
This planer has sped up my operation tremendously.. I use it to make money..
Easy set up and works great right out of the crate. Highly recommend.
A follow-up to my first review--I just installed the Shelix cutterhead for this planer, purchased through Grizzly. Although there were a few hiccoughs along the way (the smaller shaft end was a few thousands too big for the bearing and had to be lapped down), once in place the new cutterhead worked like a charm--I didn't even need to make any adjustments to the feed rollers! OMG--the finish is unbelievable with the Shelix. Contrary to the negative reports on the Internet, there are absolutely no lines, ridges, etc. So far I've planed poplar and white oak, and the surface looks like it's been sanded with 360 grit paper! I expect the planer to perform like this for quite a while before I even need to turn any inserts. Bottom line--absolutely essential upgrade worth every penny, whether you're a production shop or a weekend warrior.