Grizzly G0453 - 15" Planer
click to zoom
- Built-in mobile base
- Precision-ground cast-iron table and wings
- Board return rollers
- Adjustable bed rollers
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Four-column support with table locks
- Two-speed automatic board feed
- Includes 4" dust port
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction
- Triple V-belt drive
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum cutting width: 15"
- Maximum cutting height: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 3/16"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Feed rate: 16 and 30 FPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3"
- Number of knives: 3
- Knife size: 15" x 1" x 1/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 4800 RPM
- Power feed rollers: Solid serrated steel
- Table size: 15" x 20"
- Overall dimensions: 42" L x 32-1/2" W x 45-7/8" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 675 lbs.
1 Customer Review : Sign in to write a review
I did some serious upgrades in the old shop in the last few weeks, and bought a new Grizzly cabinet saw, band saw, jointer and a planer. I did some serious thinking about which planer to buy, but decided to go with a new Grizzly since I have had such good luck with my other Grizzly machines. While I really wished I could have went with a 20" planer, ... I figured I have gotten by for years with my old 12" Delta planer, so a mobile 15" would be fine, also the 20" was a lot more $$
Here are the web site links for the two machines..
To buy the spiral cutter head for the G0453 was $495 (also free shipping)....so by buying the G0493, and buying the spiral cutter head separate, I saved about $170 AND got a back up cutter head, not a bad deal.
I finally put it all together a couple of days ago and used it for the first time yesterdayà.all I can say isà WOW...smooth as silkàno vibrationà.WAY quieter than my old Delta (I guess because of the spiral cutter head)....the over size in feed and out feed tables are greatàand it needed VERY LITTLE adjustment out of the box. It was one of the easiest machines I have ever put together.
To anyone looking for a GOOD mid size planer, and not wanting to take out a second mortgage on their house to do so, I Highly recommend looking at the G0453. You will not be disappointed !!!!