Grizzly G0536 - 16" Variable-Speed Scroll Saw
click to zoom
Need it by Tue. Dec 13th?
Just order by 2:00 PM PST on Mon. and choose expedited shipping during checkout.
- Motor: 1/5 HP, 110V, single-phase, 1.4 Amp, 60 Hz, variable speed (540 to 1885 SPM)
- Maximum cutting height: 2-1/8" @ 90°, 1" @ 45°
- Cast iron base
- Cast iron table tilts from 0° to 45°
- Throat size: 16"
- Takes 5" pin type blades
- Easy to adjust blade tension knob
- Built in air nozzle to clear sawdust
- Safety switch with key
- Clear plastic blade guard is easily adjustable
- No tools needed to change blade
- Approximate shipping weight is 35 lbs.
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
1 Customer Review (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I was disappointed to see a negative review while I was in the process of recommending this saw to a friend.
I use a single-speed version of this saw for professional prototyping, and in some ways I prefer it to my $500 Delta.
When I want it to be, it's portable at 35 pounds.
To minimize vibration, I clamp it to my workbench when in use.
Unlike a number of scroll saws in this price range, the table is cast iron and NOT aluminum. In the constant battle against vibration, a big chunk of cast iron is your friend.
I use the saw sideways, with the blade-tensioning knob to my right. The blade can be mounted for both from-the-front and from-the-side use.
The blade hole is too large for my purposes -- little things get caught in it -- so I remedied that situation by applying a 1/4"-thick piece of marker board (Home Depot) to the top with a small hole in the middle. That gives me a slick working surface and acts as a zero-clearance insert.
Bottom line: I highly recommend the saw except for extremely intricate fretwork.