Grizzly 16" X 40" Electronic Variable-Speed Lathe
click to zoom
This is one of the best Taiwanese lathes to hit the states with all the mass and rigidity needed for the modern machine shop. Match any material requirement with just a turn of the dial. Variable speed spindle control with a range of 20 - 2500 RPM and a digital readout offers absolute control of surface speeds. Besides having a variable speed, the cross slide is fitted with electronic control over the spindle. Flip the switch and the CSS feature will automatically adjust the spindle speed up or down to suit the diameter of the cut. An excellent way to maintain finishes and maximize tool life! This lathe also features precision hardened and ground ways, extra heavy tailstock casting with lots of barrel stroke and a universal quick change gear box. It’s also built to last! Pressurized lubrication in the head stock means the hardened and ground gears will give you smooth, trouble free operation under the most demanding workload. This machine also has a variable drive clutch in the gear box for safety. Adjust it higher for those harder steels and knurling or back it off for a measure of safety when working up close and personal with those delicate internal shoulders. This is truly a fine machine!
- Swing over bed: 16.14"
- Swing over gap: 22.95"
- Swing over cross slide: 10.39"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 camlock
- Spindle nose taper: MT#6
- Spindle bore: 2.06"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#4
- Tailstock barrel travel: 6"
- Cross slide travel: 8.6"
- Compound travel: 5.1"
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, 3-phase with inverter, Yasakawa frequency drive
- Number of speeds: Variable
- Speed range: 20-400, 400-2500 RPM
- Range of threads (inches): 45 @ 2-72 TPI
- Range of threads (metric): 39 @ 0.2-14 mm
- Diametrical pitch range: 21 @ 8-44 DP
- Modular pitch range: 18 @ 0.3-3.5 MP
- Width of bed: 10.23"
- Approximate shipping weight: 3694 lbs.
- Yasakawa frequency drive
- Dial controlled, variable spindle speeds with digital readout
- Precision hardened and ground V-bed is made of Meehanite casting
- Totally enclosed universal gearbox allows cutting of Inch, Metric, Whitworth, Modular and Diametral threads
- Headstock gears and bearings are lubed with 1/4 HP oil pump
- 1/8 HP, 0.3 Amp coolant motor
- 9" 3-Jaw scroll chuck
- 10" 4-Jaw independent chuck
- 12" Faceplate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- Coolant system
- Halogen light
- Pull-out chip tray
- Dual inch/metric dials
- Jog button & emergency stop
- #6 to 4 Morse taper spindle nose sleeve
- Centers, center sleeve, service tools, manual and toolbox