G9953ZX 16" Z Series Jointer w/ Spiral Cutterhead
The first thing that comes to mind when describing the Grizzly Ultimate 16" Jointer is MASSIVE CAST IRON! Tipping the scales at over 1700 pounds, this jointer features a solid cast iron base, hardened and precision ground cast iron tables, a center mounted cast iron fence, and cast iron table elevation handwheels. When smooth operation, large cutting capacity, and mirror smooth finishes are high on your list of desirable features, rely on Grizzly to deliver!
For the ultimate in extreme-duty machines, the G9953ZX and ZXF features a spiral, indexable insert cutterhead. By using a "spiral" cutterhead, the knife never leaves the wood like a conventional jointer. This provides for the finest finish available and a much quieter machine that's unlike any other. The carbide "inserts" are not only replaceable, but each one has four cutting edges and can be turned 90º to expose a new cutting edge. It's like getting four blade changes for the price of one!
Cam adjustments on front and back of table allow you to perfectly align infeed and outfeed tables to within .001".
Made in ISO 9001 Factory.
- Table measures 16-1/4" x 99-1/4"
- 4 cam adjustment on infeed table provides perfect alignment with outfeed table
- Height (from floor to table): 30-3/4"
- Overall length: 99-1/4"
- Overall width: 45-1/2"
- Fence: 43-1/4" x 6-5/8"
- Bevel jointing: 0° - 45°
- Maximum depth of cut: 5/16"
- Maximum width of cut: 16"
- Motor: 5 H.P., 220V, single phase, TEFC capacitor start induction
- Amps: 25
- Cycle/RPM: 60 hertz/3450 RPM
- Switch: Magnetic with thermal overload protector
- Power transfer: Twin V-belt drive
- Bearings: Shielded and lubricated
- Cutterhead RPM: 5,900
- Shipping weight approx. 1719 lbs.
- Fence is center mounted with positive stops at 45° and 90°
- Independently adjustable, handwheel-controlled precision table movement
- Noise dampening system
- Heat treated infeed and outfeed tables
- Cast iron table
- Pedestal mounted ON/OFF switch
- Spiral, indexable insert cutterhead with shielded ball bearings and grease fittings
- Cast aluminum guard
- Integral 4" dust port
Free Pair of Safety Push Blocks
* Freight cost not applicable to orders shipping outside the contiguous 48 states.
** Final prices will include state sales tax for items shipped to WA, MO, or PA. Shipping charges for items not shipped via truck freight will be added according to our shipping rates
Customer Reviews & Awards: