G0509G 16" x 40" 3-Phase Gunsmith's Metal Lathe
This was a really fun project! I was talking to my gunsmith one day and he mentioned that he was frustrated with the lathe he had and that no one made a lathe specifically for gunsmithing. I asked him what kind of features he would like to see. He gave me a "laundry" list that included super high precision spindle bearings with high precision ground gears, a tailstock that was precisely tuned at the factory with a lock that could accommodate a torque wrench (the tailstock center can be torqued down to bring it to exact center with the spindle center), two coolant nozzles for chambering, a longer tailstock for precise barrel support, support screws for outboard part of the spindle, etc...To make a long story short, we have incorporated all those features to come up with the first lathe ever to be designed specifically for gunsmithing. Check it out!
- 8" 3-Jaw chuck
- 12" 4-Jaw chuck
- 14" Faceplate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- Coolant system
- Halogen light
- Full length splash guard
- Dual inch/metric dials
- Quick change tool post
- Jog button & emergency stop
- #4 to 6 Morse taper sleeve
- Centers, service tools, manual and toolbox
- Precision ground and hardened V-way bed
- Totally enclosed universal gearbox allows cutting of inch, metric, whitworth, modular and diametrical threads
- Headstock gears run in an oil bath and are hardened and precision ground for smooth, quiet and vibration free operation
- 1/8 HP, 0.45A coolant motor
- Motor: 4 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 2 speed
- Swing over bed: 16"
- Swing over gap: 22"
- Swing over cross slide: 10"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 camlock
- Spindle nose taper: MT#6
- Spindle bore: 2"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#4
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4-3/4"
- Cross slide travel: 8-1/2"
- Compound travel: 5-1/2"
- Number of speeds: 16
- Speed range: 45-1800 RPM
- Range of threads (inches): 45 @ 2-72 TPI
- Range of threads (metric): 39 @ 0.2-14 mm
- Diametrical pitch range: 21 @ 8-44 DP
- Modular pitch range: 18 @ 0.3-3.5 MP
- Width of bed: 10"
- Approximate shipping weight: 3300 lbs.
* Freight cost not applicable to orders shipping outside the contiguous 48 states.
** Final prices will include state sales tax for items shipped to WA, MO, or PA. Shipping charges for items not shipped via truck freight will be added according to our shipping rates
Customer Reviews & Awards: