Grizzly | Model: G0509G
16" x 40" 3-Phase Gunsmith's Metal Lathe
Grizzly G0509G - 16" x 40" 3-Phase Gunsmith's Metal Lathe
click to zoom
This was a really fun project! I was talking to my gunsmith one day and he mentioned that he was frustrated with the lathe he had and that no one made a lathe specifically for gunsmithing. I asked him what kind of features he would like to see. He gave me a "laundry" list that included super high precision spindle bearings with high precision ground gears, a tailstock that was precisely tuned at the factory with a lock that could accommodate a torque wrench (the tailstock center can be torqued down to bring it to exact center with the spindle center), two coolant nozzles for chambering, a longer tailstock for precise barrel support, support screws for outboard part of the spindle, etc...To make a long story short, we have incorporated all those features to come up with the first lathe ever to be designed specifically for gunsmithing. Check it out!
- 8" 3-Jaw chuck
- 12" 4-Jaw chuck
- 14" Faceplate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- Coolant system
- Halogen light
- Full length splash guard
- Dual inch/metric dials
- Quick change tool post
- Jog button & emergency stop
- #4 to 6 Morse taper sleeve
- Centers, service tools, manual and toolbox
- Precision ground and hardened V-way bed
- Totally enclosed universal gearbox allows cutting of inch, metric, whitworth, modular and diametrical threads
- Headstock gears run in an oil bath and are hardened and precision ground for smooth, quiet and vibration free operation
- 1/8 HP, 0.45A coolant motor
- Motor: 4 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 2 speed
- Swing over bed: 16"
- Swing over gap: 22"
- Swing over cross slide: 10"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 camlock
- Spindle nose taper: MT#6
- Spindle bore: 2"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#4
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4-3/4"
- Cross slide travel: 8-1/2"
- Compound travel: 5-1/2"
- Number of speeds: 16
- Speed range: 45-1800 RPM
- Range of threads (inches): 45 @ 2-72 TPI
- Range of threads (metric): 39 @ 0.2-14 mm
- Diametrical pitch range: 21 @ 8-44 DP
- Modular pitch range: 18 @ 0.3-3.5 MP
- Width of bed: 10"
- Approximate shipping weight: 3300 lbs.
0 Customer Reviews : Sign in to write a review
Be the first to write a review . . .
Animation for G0509G