SB1015F South Bend 16" x 60" Lathe 440V with DRO
- Two headstock gear speed ranges supply high torque in low range from 20 to 400 RPM and constant power from 400 to 2500 RPM in high range
- Precision hardened and ground headstock gears run in an oil bath for super smooth, quiet and vibration free operation.
- D1-6 camlock spindle has large 2-1/16" hole through spindle
- The heavy-duty bed incorporates South Bend Lathe's signature 3 V-way and 1 flat way design, which assures precision alignment of the headstock, tailstock and saddle
- The ways are induction hardened and precision ground to perfection
- Meehanite bed castings.
- Two T-slots are machined into the rear of the cross slide for mounting tooling or fixtures
- Removable chip tray for ease of clean-up.
- Top quality Japanese NSK bearings.
- One shot lubrication in carriage.
- 6" Tailstock barrel travel.
- Variable speed controlled by simple dial.
- Digital spindle speed indicator.
- Yaskawa frequency drive.
- Tailstock with inch/metric graduated quill and tang knock-out slot
- Centralized lubrication pump for bed-ways and cross slide
- Quick action full length emergency foot brake
- Dual-reading inch/metric dials on the cross feed and compound
- Full length, rear mounted splash guard
- Lockable main disconnect switch
- Fagor DRO
- Swing over bed: 16.14"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Swing over cross slide: 10.375"
- Swing over gap: 22.95"
- Spindle nose to gap (max.): 10.2"
- Cross slide travel: 9.25"
- Compound slide travel: 5.1"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 Camlock
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Taper inside spindle: MT#6
- Spindle speed: Variable from 20 to 2500 RPM
- RPM ranges: 20 to 400, 400 to 2500
- Inch threads: (45) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (39) 0.2 to 14mm
- Modular threads: (18) 0.3 to 3.5
- Diametral threads: (21) 8 to 44
- Longitudinal feed: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR
- Cross feed: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 17
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 2.047"
- Tailstock quill travel: 6"
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Spindle motor: 7.5 HP
- Voltage: 440V, 3-phase
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP
- Footprint: 19-1/2" x 101-7/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 3652 lbs.
- 9" 3-Jaw scroll chuck
- 10" 4-Jaw independent chuck
- 12" faceplate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- 4 way tool post
- Halogen lamp
- Complete coolant system
- Turret micrometer stop
- Two Morse taper dead centers
- Single saddle stop
- Thread dial indicator
- Leveling bolts
- USA written parts/instruction manual
- Tool box & tool kit
- SB1269 Taper Attachment
- SB1270 Collet
- Attachment for 5-C Collets
* Freight cost not applicable to orders shipping outside the contiguous 48 states.
** Final prices will include state sales tax for items shipped to WA, MO, or PA. Shipping charges for items not shipped via truck freight will be added according to our shipping rates