South Bend 16" x 60" Lathe 440V with DRO
click to zoom
- Two headstock gear speed ranges supply high torque in low range from 20 to 400 RPM and constant power from 400 to 2500 RPM in high range
- Precision hardened and ground headstock gears run in an oil bath for super smooth, quiet and vibration free operation.
- D1-6 camlock spindle has large 2-1/16" hole through spindle
- The heavy-duty bed incorporates South Bend Lathe's signature 3 V-way and 1 flat way design, which assures precision alignment of the headstock, tailstock and saddle
- The ways are induction hardened and precision ground to perfection
- Meehanite bed castings.
- Two T-slots are machined into the rear of the cross slide for mounting tooling or fixtures
- Removable chip tray for ease of clean-up.
- Top quality Japanese NSK bearings.
- One shot lubrication in carriage.
- 6" Tailstock barrel travel.
- Variable speed controlled by simple dial.
- Digital spindle speed indicator.
- Yaskawa frequency drive.
- Tailstock with inch/metric graduated quill and tang knock-out slot
- Centralized lubrication pump for bed-ways and cross slide
- Quick action full length emergency foot brake
- Dual-reading inch/metric dials on the cross feed and compound
- Full length, rear mounted splash guard
- Lockable main disconnect switch
- Fagor DRO
- Swing over bed: 16.14"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Swing over cross slide: 10.375"
- Swing over gap: 22.95"
- Spindle nose to gap (max.): 10.2"
- Cross slide travel: 9.25"
- Compound slide travel: 5.1"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 Camlock
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Taper inside spindle: MT#6
- Spindle speed: Variable from 20 to 2500 RPM
- RPM ranges: 20 to 400, 400 to 2500
- Inch threads: (45) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (39) 0.2 to 14mm
- Modular threads: (18) 0.3 to 3.5
- Diametral threads: (21) 8 to 44
- Longitudinal feed: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR
- Cross feed: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 17
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 2.047"
- Tailstock quill travel: 6"
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Spindle motor: 7.5 HP
- Voltage: 440V, 3-phase
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP
- Footprint: 19-1/2" x 101-7/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 3652 lbs.
- 9" 3-Jaw scroll chuck
- 10" 4-Jaw independent chuck
- 12" faceplate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- 4 way tool post
- Halogen lamp
- Complete coolant system
- Turret micrometer stop
- Two Morse taper dead centers
- Single saddle stop
- Thread dial indicator
- Leveling bolts
- USA written parts/instruction manual
- Tool box & tool kit
- SB1269 Taper Attachment
- SB1270 Collet
- Attachment for 5-C Collets
Animation for SB1015F