Grizzly G1033X - 20" 5 HP Spiral Cutterhead Planer
click to zoom
- 2-speed automatic feed gives you better control for rough and finish planing
- Motor and cutterhead have ball bearings which are shielded and lubricated for life
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction
- Table is precision-ground to a mirror-like finish
- Includes a powerful 5 HP motor and comes with a magnetic switch for overload/power failure protection
- Anti-kickback fingers prevent the board from accidentally backing up
- Dust exhaust hood and cast iron wings are standard
- Hood has 5" dust port
- Powder-coated paint
- Precision-ground infeed and outfeed tables
- Adjustable bed rollers
- Heavy-duty return rollers
- Spiral cutterhead
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 30A
- Table size: 25-3/4" x 20" (56" x 20" with extensions)
- Maximum cutting width: 20"
- Maximum cutting height: 8-5/8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Minimum length of stock: 7"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Feed rates: 16 & 20 FPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/4"
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Number of Cutter inserts: 96
- Insert Size: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm
- Overall dimensions: 56" L X 39" W X 41"H
- Footprint: 28" x 22"
- Approximate shipping weight: 909 lbs.
2 Customer Reviews (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
Purchased 6 mos. ago. I use this machine everyday and it has saved me so much money and time it has already paid for itself. So smooth a finish I almost never use my drum sander anymore. I used to spend a fortune on sandpaper and the time for running it through my drum sander was slowing down my production time dramatically. This machine is heavy duty and I have never had a single problem with it. Love it!!!!
Just purchased this product and had it delivered via UPS Freight. I have not ran a piece of wood through it yet but wanted to give an initial review based on my shipping experience.
First: Grizzly customer service has been excellent thus far. They have gone out of their way to work with me through the issue below.
Second: UPS Freight can best be described as OK to poor at best.
Shipping fun. As you will find in countless YouTube reviews, UPS Freight will get it to you. The liftgate service was nice. The driver was professional and did his best to handle the equipment with care. Somewhere between where it left Grizzly warehouse and the arrival at my home is the problem. The shipping crate Grizzly shipped it in is well made. UPS somehow manage to put 3 forklift holes through the side of the box on three sides. Also it must have been dropped hard a few times because where the crate was affixed to the bottom was broken in several places to splinters. In addition, the crate was placed partially on a pallet but was hanging off it causing the machine to tip over once delivered.
Fortunately, after unboxing the machine it was relatively undamaged inside. THANK YOU Grizzly for wrapping the machine in heavy mil plastic to protect it from rain and the elements during shipping.
Will update this review once machine is setup and tested.