Grizzly | Model: G0746
20" x 60" Lathe
Grizzly G0746 - 20" x 60" Lathe
click to zoom
See this item in our 2017 Main Catalog!553
Built like a modern version of a classic American lathe, this 20" x 60" Gear-head Lathe has ridiculously thick castings and super heavy-duty construction throughout (just like those legendary machines of yesteryear), making this one of the most rigid and solid metal lathes we sell. With its 24 RPM low spindle speed, it is also one of the slowest lathes we sell, too! But that's not all—equipped with a 10 HP, 220V, 3-phase spindle motor and unbelievably massive tailstock, steady rest, and follow rest—this lathe is a reliable workhorse even in demanding machine shops that turn big and heavy workpieces. A universal gearbox allows cutting of inch and metric threads, as well as modular and diametral pitches. The spindle has a 3.15" bore, D1-8 nose, and MT #7 taper. The tailstock barrel has 4-3/4" of travel and an MT #5 taper. Other features and accessories include a complete coolant system, foot brake, worklight, 3-jaw scroll chuck, 4-jaw independent chuck, 4-way turret tool post, micrometer stop, and slide-out chip tray for easy cleaning.
- Swing over bed: 20"
- Swing over gap: 25"
- Swing over saddle: 13"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Spindle nose: D1-8 camlock
- Spindle nose taper: MT #7
- Spindle bore: 3.15"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT #5
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4-3/4"
- Cross slide travel: 13"
- Compound travel: 5"
- Motor: 10 HP, 220V, 3-phase
- Number of speeds: 15
- Speed range: 24–1600 RPM
- Range of threads (inches): 66 @ 1–56 TPI
- Range of threads (metric): 66 @ 0.5–28mm
- Diametral pitch range: 33 @ 8–56 DP
- Modular pitch range: 33 @ 0.5–3.5 MP
- Width of bed: 13"
- Approximate shipping weight: 4660 lbs.
- Full-length splash guard
- Apron-mounted ON/OFF/reverse spindle lever
- Chip tray slides out for easy cleaning
- Cast iron stand
- Foot brake
- Coolant system
- Halogen light
- Headstock gears run in an oil bath
- Jog button and emergency stop
- 4-way turret tool post
- Micrometer stop
- Universal gearbox allows cutting of inch, metric threads and modular and diametral pitches
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- 2 MT #5 dead centers
- Center sleeve MT#7 x MT#5
- 10" 3-Jaw chuck with 2 sets of jaws
- 12" 4-Jaw chuck with reversible jaws
- Two change gears
- 8 leveling pads
- Service tools
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
Animation for G0746