Grizzly G1066R - 24" Drum Sander
click to zoom
Customers have asked us why our drums are not rubber coated. Rubber-coated drums become "spongy" and do not sand evenly or parallel to the ends.
Now includes heavy-duty rubber conveyor belt similar to our wide-belt sanders.
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase drum motor drives 2 aluminum sanding drums
- Surface speed of drum: 2300 FPM
- Handles stock up to 23-1/2" wide and 4-1/4" thick
- 1/4 HP Conveyor motor provides 11 FPM feed rate
- Sandpaper installs easily onto the drums
- Sanding drum size: 6"
- All steel and ball bearing construction
- Two 4" dust ports for easy hook-up to a collection system
- State-of-the-art computer-balanced drums
- Powder coated paint
- Approximate shipping weight: 442 lbs.
1 Customer Review : Sign in to write a review
I have a small CNC shop for wood and plastic in Upstate NY, www.Upstatecnc.com and have been using your equipment pretty much full time for many, many years. I am glad to tell you that out of the 11 Grizzly machines we use, ALL 11 are holding up really well and I will buy more Grizzly equipment without hesitation in the future. One of the products that we make full time requires us to resaw exotic hardwoods, and then sand them to dimension, before finally putting them on one of our two CNC Routers for final production. A few years back we purchased a G0513X bandsaw, and G1066R drum sander. I am writing to tell you that as I was just using both of them, I realized how much time, and ultimately money Grizzly has made us with these particular products. The machines have paid for themselves many times over, and I can honestly say that we would not be making this product, which turned out to be a major part of the business if we hadn't bought your equipment.
I just want to say Thank You for helping my small business be successful, and I look forward to getting just what I need at Grizzly in the years to come.