Grizzly G0582 - 24" Wide-Belt Sander- Platen Model
click to zoom
These machines were developed in collaboration with James Goodall, a famous luthier, who wanted a machine that could sand very short and very thin pieces. The main features that enable it to process short pieces efficiently are the single drum and the double infeed and double outfeed pressure rollers that are tucked in closer to the drum. The result is that you have continuous downward pressure on extremely thin stock as short as 14" (G0582). That is the distance between the first infeed and first outfeed pressure rollers. The feed belt is made of harder rubber to prevent distortion of thin stock while sanding. What follows is that you get perfectly parallel sanding in any thickness of stock. The new platen model will sand stock as short as 9" (G0445). All of these models include features like digital read out, powered table elevation, four screw jacks for table support, variable speed, disc brake stopping system, dust proof photo electric eye/pneumatic control for belt oscillation, and separate motors for the drum, the feed rollers, and the table elevation.
CSA certified meeting CSA C22.2 #105-1953 and UL 987-7th standards!
- Convenient control panel with separate switches for each motor
- Amp meter load sensing system
- Disc brake system for emergency stops
- Double infeed & outfeed pressure rollers
- Variable feed speeds
- Fast belt changes (about 30 seconds!)
- Pneumatic oscillation control
- Digital controls accurate to within 0.005"
- Type: Platen
- Sanding motor HP: 10 HP
- Sanding motor voltage: 230V
- Sanding motor phase: 3-phase
- Sanding motor amps: 25A
- Conveyor motor HP: 1 HP
- Conveyor motor amps: 3.4
- Table lift motor HP: 1/4 HP
- Table lift motor amps: 1.2A
- Footprint: 39-3/8" x 19-5/16"
- Max. board width: 24"
- Max. board thickness: 6"
- Min. board length: 14"
- Min. board thickness: 1/8"
- Conveyor speed: 15–49 FPM
- Sanding belt size: 25" W x 60"
- Overall width: 40"
- Overall height: 72"
- Overall depth: 50"
- Approx. shipping weight: 1573 lbs.