Grizzly G0800 - 24" x 48" Heavy-Duty Wood Lathe
click to zoom
Free shipping within the Contiguous United States.
Sales of this outlet item are limited to quantity on hand.
- Motor: 3HP, 220V, 3-phase with inverter for single phase power equipment
- Swing over bed: 24"
- Swing over tool rest base: 20"
- Distance between centers: 48"
- Maximum distance tool rest to spindle center: 15"
- Tool rest width: 14-1/4"
- Spindle speeds: Variable, L: 60-1000 RPM, H: 200-3500 RPM
- Spindle nose: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Spindle bore (dia.):5/8"
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Tailstock quill travel: 4-1/2"
- Spindle center height to floor: 46"
- Number of spindle indexes: 48, 7-1/2°
- Approximate shipping weight: 845 lb.
- Electronic variable-speed spindle control with digital RPM readout
- Forward/reverse switch
- Headstock can be positioned anywhere along the bed
- 12" swing-away bed for easy tailstock storage
- Built-in tool holder
- Headstock, tailstock, and tool rest support have lever-action cam-locks for quick positioning
- Adjustable feet
- All cast iron construction
- Chuck guard
- Chisel tray
- 3-1/4" faceplate
- Tool holder
- Live center
- Live center pin
- Spur center
- Index pin
- Knockout bar
- 50mm open-end wrench
- 3mm and 10mm hex wrenches
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
6 Customer Reviews (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I looked at and tried all of the current 24" swing lathes. You cannot find one with the features and accuracy that the Grizzly G0800 provides. This machine is very precise, tight, and solid when you are turning. It is very heavy and the lathe design provides excellent balance even when you are turning large out of round pieces. The motor torque and the large shaft bearings run smooth through all speeds even with very small and large pieces/loads. I would rate this machine a 10 out of 10 for the investment and for the features it comes with. Happy turning!!!
All that I expected. An excellent value in a "big boy" lathe! erik peterson
I was really impressed with how quite it runs. The only time I suspected I had a problem with vibration was the result of not having the lever pushed down hard enough on the drive head anchoring it to the rail.
First of all - get 2 friends, plus a lift to set up this giant.
Extremely smooth and solid. I have had it for4-5 months and it is doing everything I ask of it. No vibration. The swing away feature is great for getting the tailstock out of the way. I have started by doing everything that I know how to do with a smaller lathe and am just now making use of the bigger capacity.
I'll say more later, but count me as completely satisfied.
I have had this lathe for about 2 months. I am very happy with it i bought the bed extension and use it all the time. I have the headstock at the end of the bed and with the extension I can stand directly in from of or even on the backside (it helps reduce the strain on my back) of the piece i am turning. I compared this lathe with all the big name brands and i belive I got the most bang for my buck with this lathe.
I picked up this lathe at the showroom and have already begun making sawdust. Definitely worth the money. Make sure you have a friend available to help set it up. Two men will be able to pick up the bed during assembly. Also, if you don't have it delivered to your house, make sure you have either a truck or trailer as the crate measures in at 58x31x30 inches and weighs over 800 pounds.