Grizzly G0548ZP - 2HP Canister Dust Collector with Aluminum Impeller - Polar Bear Series
click to zoom
With a filter rating of 1-micron, the canister filter on this machine has 6 times the filtering area of regular bag filters and it has a built-in cleaning brush that is easy to operate from the outside. Simply move the convenient top-mounted lever back and forth to remove any dust caked onto the filter, and in seconds you are back to full performance capacity. This unit has a heavy-duty steel adapter that allows three 4" lines to be connected simultaneously. The steel duct from the impeller to the filter improves performance and reliability and with just a glance you'll know when it's time to haul out the chips thanks to the clear bottom bags. Extra bags ship with the machine and are available from us to really make cleaning easy. CSA Certified meeting CAN/CSA C22.2 #243-M91 and UL 1017-4th standards!
- With the canister filter, simply turn the handle on the top a half turn in either direction to cleaning the canister
- The handle controls three cleaning flappers inside and shakes the dust from the filter letting the fine dust fall directly into the collection bag
- The canister filter is made of spun bond polyester with 1 micron filter capacity
- Clear plastic collection bag with quick clamp
- Extra bottom bags included
- Motor: 2 HP, 240V, single-phase, 9A
- Blower/impeller: 12-3/4" aluminum, radial fin
- Air suction capacity: 1700 CFM
- Static pressure: 10"
- Sound rating: 83–85 dB
- 6" inlet has removable "Y" fitting with three 4" inlets
- Canister filter size (dia. x depth): 19-5/8" x 23-5/8"
- Bag capacity: 5.7 cubic feet
- Overall dimensions: 31-1/2"W x 37-3/8"L x 71"H
- Approximate shipping weight: 150 lbs.
Optional replacement bags: H5783-Uper Canister, T20543-Lower Bag
2 Customer Reviews (4 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
All parts were there and nothing was damaged, and it was easy enough to put together. It delivers excellent suction, doing a great job collecting chips from my equipment. The torrent of chips going down the house while planing a 10" board is very satisfying to watch! No leaks in my unit as another reviewer unfortunately experience.
It's loud though, coming in at 94dBa in the enclosed room I keep my collector in. With the door closed it measures 80dBa, still a bit loud for my taste. I'd really like to be able to work at the lathe without my ear protection in.
I'd like to talk about damage that both the delivery driver and I noticed to the two shipping boxes for my G0548ZP Dust Collector.
If I stand in front of box 1 of 2: 6 staples were ripped loose at the northeast corner; slight crushing of box on the top east edge; gouge on the top-south middle (2" x 2"); gouge on middle north side (2" x 6"); gouge on the bottom west side (2" x 3"). Upon opening the box, Styrofoam was crushed and broken on east side.
If I stand in front of box 2 of 2: Two tears along top at north edge and south edge; two deeper gouges on the south face (2" x 2" & 2" x 4"), through which I could see the Styrofoam.
For the contents in box #1, there were no dings, no dents, no scratches or blemishes on any of the components inside. In box #2, there was a slight dent in the canister. I applied pressure to both sides of the dent and it popped out (no damage to the filter). All necessary hardware for assembly was there in both boxes.
Thus I am hoping that you will forward my KUDO's to the Packaging Engineering Department. My dust collector obviously encountered a few gorillas on its way to me, but the fine job that they did kept my equipment safe and unharmed. I'm sure they don't often receive praise, so please pass along my thanks for a job well done!!!