Grizzly G9742 - 5" x 6" Metal-Cutting Bandsaw w/ Swivel Head
click to zoom
- Max. capacity rectangular @ 0 degrees: 5" x 6"
- Max. capacity circular @ 0 degrees: 5"
- Max. capacity rectangular @ ±45 degrees: 2-15/16" x 3-3/4"
- Max. capacity circular @ ±45 degrees: 3-3/4"
- Max. capacity rectangular @ +60 degrees: 2-3/16" x 1-3/4"
- Max. capacity circular @ +60 degrees: 1-3/4"
- Blade speeds: 80, 120, 200 FPM
- Blade size: 64-1/2" x 1/2"
- Motor: 1/2 HP, 110V/220V, prewired 110V, single-phase, 60Hz, 1725 RPM
- Amps: 7/3.5
- Drive: V-belt
- Transmission: sealed worm gear
- Overall height: horizontal 42-1/2"; vertical 54-3/4"
- Height floor-to-table: 29"
- Overall width: 23-3/8"
- Overall length: 39"
- Overall bed: 19-1/4" x 13-1/2" x 3"
- Footprint: 26-1/2" x 20-1/2"
- Angular cuts: -45 degrees to +60 degrees
- Blade size: 1/2" x 64-1/2"
- Included blade size: 64-1/2" x 1/2" x 15 TPI (similar to Grizzly model G5108)
- All ball bearing drive wheel and blade guides
- Shipping weight approx.: 168 lbs.
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
3 Customer Reviews (4.7 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
First thing the air/gravity thing is worthless. Upon first use the blade hits so hard it jambs and even with the feed running at crawl this happens. The fix is to add a set of springs to counter balance the arm. Once that was done the unit works just fine. I use it a lot and so far I am very pleased (after the mandatory fix)
The angle cut is very handy and fast to change and I extended the stop gauge rods to 30 inched each way so multiple cuts are accurate and easy.
As with almost all China made products they work fine but require a tweak or two to actually work.
I would buy another when the time comes and would tweak the same so it works.
This is a great saw for the money! To get a saw with miter cutting ability for this price is unheard of! Very well built and works great so far! I've only had the saw for a couple of weeks but I've used it a bunch and it seems very well built! So far I am very pleased! Highly recommend!
I already own some Grizzly wood working tools so I was pretty sure the quality was there. I purchased the G9742 about a month ago and have cut small and thick pieces and am very pleased.
Check out this cut, 1 1/4" X 5 3/4" steel completed in 18 minutes, not an industrial saw but I didn't pay an industrial saw price either. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208642989458239&set=a.1163021521788.2023614.1415368863&type=3&theater