Grizzly T10718 - 50" Deluxe Pan and Box Brake
click to zoom
- Maximum working width: 50"
- Maximum sheet metal thickness: 16-gauge mild steel at full width
- Maximum height of pan/box sides: 2"
- Minimum reverse bend: 5/8"
- Maximum bending angle: 135°
- Overall dimensions: 63" W x 44-3/4" H x 38" D
- Approximate shipping weight: 945 lbs.
1 Customer Review (3 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
My employer bought one of these in the fall. Sturdily built machine, and clever design. Should be able to make high accuracy, consistent bends on a large range of material thicknesses. However, I have noticed a serious flaw. The clamping fingers hang over the clamping bar by about .03". That means you cannot make a bend with an inside radius less than .03 no matter how thin the material is. And when you adjust the setback (radius) for less than .03 + TH (thickness of the metal), you will place a large compressive stress on the sharp leading edge of the clamping fingers. An equal force will be applied to the bearings the bending bar pivots on. This causes the bending bar to deflect, and make a bigger radius than expected.
I notified Grizzly tech support about this issue on 1/13/16, and am waiting for them to come up with corrective action. When this happens, I will adjust my rating.