Grizzly G0490X - 8" Jointer w/ Spiral Cutterhead
click to zoom
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 15A, TEFC, 3450 RPM
- Total table size: 8" x 76-3/8"
- Infeed table size: 8" x 43-3/8"
- Cutterhead: Spiral with 40 indexable carbide inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 4800 RPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-3/16"
- Max. depth of cut: 1/8"
- Max. rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cuts per minute: 21,400
- Deluxe cast iron fence size: 36" L x 1-1/4" W x 5" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 556 lbs.
- Shielded & lubricated bearings
- Precision-ground cast-iron tables
- Fully adjustable tables
- Serpentine belt and pulleys
- Easy-access lever-adjusted tables with height gauge
- Heavy-duty center-mounted fence with angle gauge
- Built-in dust chute with 4" port
- Powder-coated paint
1 Customer Review : Sign in to write a review
I recently received a G0490X, 8" jointer. I wanted to thank you all for doing such a great job. My impression is that Grizzly is considered by most to be the "value" manufacturer. This is a code word for "quality not so good, but cheap!"
My experience with this jointer shows how untrue that impression is. The machine went together flawlessly, and worked beautifully from the moment I first turned it on. With machines like this, one has to be psychologically prepared to go through a long, painful, frustrating process to get the settings dialed in just right. I was absolutely DELIGHTED to find that the outfeed table setup was flawless without me making a single adjustment! Everything was flat, and true, right out of the crate. I can't thank you enough for seeing to it that this machine was so perfectly set up!
I'm going to tell everyone on woodnet.net about how pleased I am!