Grizzly G0490W - 8" Jointer with Parallelogram Beds
Free shipping within the Contiguous United States.
Sales of this outlet item are limited to quantity on hand.
- Motor: 3HP, 240V, single-phase, 12A, TEFC, 3450 RPM
- Total table size: 8" x 76-1/2"
- Cutterhead knives: 4 HSS, 8-1/16" x 3/4" x 1/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 5350 RPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-3/16"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Maximum rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cuts per minute: 21,400
- Deluxe cast iron fence size: 36"L x 1-1/4"W x 5"H
- Approximate shipping weight: 562 lbs.
- Shielded and lubricated bearings
- Precision-ground cast iron tables
- Fully adjustable tables
- Poly-V Serpentine belt and pulleys
- Easy access lever-adjustable tables with height gauge
- Heavy-duty center-mounted fence with angle gauge
- Built-in dust chute with 4" port
- Powder-coated finished
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
7 Customer Reviews (4.9 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
Absolutely amazing customer service! Product works amazing. Third Grizzly product and couldn't be happier. Only thing that made this purchase better was the Byrd tool segmented head which I ordered separately from Grizzly.
I love this thing!!! Right out of the box it was set up so that I only had to make minor adjustments.
What's there not to like? This jointer does it all. The machine is well built and will more than deliver what you need or expect. As an amateur woodworker, I build the usual suspects such as furniture, cabinets, wooden boats, and entry doors. The extra length for the bed is a decided advantage for door construction. The stock needs to be absolutely flat and square. This machine has the power and the bed.
I am satisfied with the 8 inch jointer as it does everything I expected it to do. I am disapointed that I had to wait while it was on back order and when notified it was in and I ordered it the same jointer went on sale with the spiral head for only a few dollars more than I paid for the one on back order.
I bought the 8" jointer to upgrade from a 6". Very happy with the machine. It's like night and day.
I have has this planer for 2 years and like it. I work with a lot of large heave stock and the long bed makes material handling much easier. I would recommend the helical cutter head model over this one. you really have to slow down your feed rate to avoid ripples in the finish. My only gripe is that this is one tedious machine to set up, specially if you don't own a 4' machinist's straight edge. All in all it is a good solid machine that is capable of making exact 90* stock once set up properly.