Grizzly G0656X - 8" Jointer with Spiral Cutterhead
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, TEFC, 3450 RPM
- Amps: 15A
- Precision-ground cast-iron table size: 9" x 72-1/2"
- Cutterhead: Spiral with 40 indexable carbide inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 4800 RPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3"
- Max. depth of cut: 1/8"
- Max. rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cuts per minute: 21,400
- Deluxe cast iron fence size: 35" L x 5" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 522 lbs
- Beds slide on dovetailed ways
- Shielded & lubricated bearings
- Built-in mobile base
- Handwheel infeed, outfeed table adjustment
- Heavy-duty center-mounted fence
- Handwheel controlled rack-and-pinon fence adjustment
- Built-in dust chute
- Rabbeting table
- Easy-to-reach, pedestal-mounted switch controls
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
1 Customer Review (4 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
Compared to the jointer I was previously using (my grandfathers) this Grizzly is great. I'm very glad I paid the extra for the spiral head since I work with figured woods a lot and I've had almost no tearout even though it isn't a Selix head.
There are two things I think are poorly designed. 1. the frame on which the motor is mounted makes positioning and adjusting a time consuming, frustrating job. I'm glad I only have to do this once in a great while. 2. the fence angle stop is a floppy, inaccurate design that I would never trust for a 90 degree setting.
All in all this is a good machine for the money.
Dealing with UPS Freight was a nightmare.