Grizzly G0495X - 8" x 84" Jointer with Exclusive Digital Height Readout
click to zoom
How do you electronically measure a table movement that goes up and down on a dovetail at an angle or floats with a parallelogram type adjustment? Well, the president of Grizzly figured it out and installed it on the first-ever jointer with a digital height readout. No more guessing or bending over to see a hard-to-read scale. Exact table height adjustments are displayed right at the control panel in resolutions of 0.001" or 0.01mm. What’s more, this parallelogram-type jointer has a spiral cutterhead for smooth surfacing on difficult grain and a full bed length of 82-1/2" for absolutely straight edges. Solid cast iron throughout and a center-mounted fence with rack-and-pinion lateral adjustment all combine to make this the Ultimate 8" Jointer!
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, TEFC, 3450 RPM
- Total table size: 8-1/8" x 82-1/2"
- Infeed table size: 8-1/8" x 42"
- Cutterhead: 4 row spiral with 36 indexable solid carbide inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 7000 RPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/16"
- Floor to table height: 31"
- Fence stops: 45°, 90° & 135°
- Fence size: 38"L x 1-1/2"W x 4-3/4"H
- Approximate shipping weight: 796 lbs.
- Digital readout for infeed table height
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Precision-ground cast iron tables and fence
- Parallelogram table adjustment
- Handwheel table movement
- Pedestal-mounted switch controls
- Heavy-duty center mounted fence
- Rack & pinion fence adjustment
- Built-in dust chute with 4" port
- Powder-coated paint
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
2 Customer Reviews (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I've had this machine for 5 months now. Every thing about the machine is smooth! Runs graveyard quite. Planes silk smooth. Plenty of power and the quality of cut is tops! The one thing I have to point out is the digital readout is not worth a dime, at least to me. Once you set the depth of cut you never change it? At least I never do. Unless you have projects where you need to change the DOC many times you wont find the digital readout worth the trouble. I found it very hard to program and harder to figure out how to use. The readout runs on batteries. They are not recharged by the machine. They have to be monitored and replaced just like any other batteries. My jointer is against a wall so access to the battery cover is difficult. I checked the readout when I set the initial DOC. The next time I looked at it, it was two weeks later and the screen was blank the batteries were dead! Just left it dead and have never looked at it or needed to since. Great great machine just the readout is not for me. Highly recommended for all 8 inch jointing projects. I love my 495x and would buy it again in a heart beat!!! Thank you Grizzly for another great addition to my all Grizzly shop! 9 machines!
Amazing machine, excellent quality. Very little setup to get it going. Very quiet running and the finish on the wood is great. Best of all, no more setting knives. I love this machine, and would definitely recommend it to anybody looking for an 8" Jointer.