Grizzly G0796 - 9" X 49" Vertical Mill with Power Feed and DRO
click to zoom
- Motor: 3HP, 220V, 19A, single-phase
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle travel: 5"
- T-slots: 3 @ 26-1/2" centers, 5/8" wide
- Head ram travel: 12" (front to back)
- Head tilt: 45° left & right, 90° front & back
- Turret/column swivel: 360 degrees left/right
- Max. distance spindle to table: 15-7/8"
- Table travel (longitudinal): 29"
- Table travel (cross): 12"
- Table travel (vertical): 16"
- Table size: 9" x 49" x 3-3/4"
- Spindle speeds: 8, 80-2720 RPM
- Base footprint: 41" x 27"
- Approximate shipping weight: 2580 lbs.
- Please note: Due to this machine's weight, it cannot be delivered with our optional liftgate service
- 2-Axis DRO
- One-shot pump lubrication
- Auto stop with micro-adjustable stop
- Auto downfeed
- Longitudinal power feed
- Hardened and ground table surface
- Chrome-plated, precision-ground quill
- R-8 Spindle
- X- and Y-axis covers
- Forward and reverse spindle switch
- Halogen worklight
- Includes service tools and toolbox
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
3 Customer Reviews (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I have owned this machine for a few months now and I can highly recommend it in every way. It is an excellent machine despite the incredibly low price. I have done an in depth review of this machine and the process of one person moving it by themselves. You can see this review on youtube by searching "Crusty Old Machinist". This machine gives you much more than your money's worth and in many cases costs less than a used machine that is needing a lot of work to be right.Consider when looking at used machines that this mill has NONE of the problems a used machine has AND it includes a DRO that works correctly as well as a power feed on X. An outstanding value. If you are on the fence, take the plunge. Watch my video review and buy this machine, you will be very happy.
I pre-ordered this mill on the intro price offer. It was going to be here summer '15. It got here October '15. I mounted it on a 5/8" steel plate with S.A.E. jack screw bolts in the corners. It passed every time when checked for level with a machinists level. The DRO is great. It really reduces setup time and speeds up in-tolerance one-offs quite a bit. Every thing is so tight that after six months of use all the levers are just now getting so that gear changes are done with confidence. The rotary table I bought elsewhere is a 12". I was going to buy a much smaller machine but the price on this was an offer I just couldn't refuse. With a 49" table I can set up both the 6" mill vise AND the 12" rotary table and just run the table over for work station #2. I'll be cutting out a ceiling joist so that the motor doesn't hit it but I'm putting in a 4" I-beam that will also allow the trolley to roll over to the chuck of my Grizzly G4003G lathe. It took longer to get it out of the crate than it did to fire it up and start doing quality work. The turret allows me to swing the entire power head over my welding table for really weird stuff. I'll be boring a furnace lid (fire brick) using an 8" diamond core drill that way soon. Grizzly has seen a steady stream of tooling orders while I tool up to take full advantage of this mill.
I just received mine only 5 days after I ordered it. It was packed very well and looks to be in excellent shape. I had to leave it for now because we're traveling for a couple weeks. I can't wait to get it set up and working. I'll update when I'm up and running.