G4003G Gunsmith's Bench Top Lathe with Stand
When we set out to design a professional gunsmith's lathe, item # G0509G, we felt that we should also make a smaller starter lathe for aspiring hobby gunsmiths. Don't let the "smaller" size fool you - this is a serious metal lathe with many features that will allow you to turn and chamber barrels just like the bigger one. Plus, it's one heck of a metal cutting lathe. Check out all the interesting features on this puppy!
- 6" 3-Jaw chuck with 2 piece reversible jaws
- 8" 4-Jaw Chuck with reversible jaws
- 10" faceplate
- Steady rest with roller tips
- Follow rest with roller tips
- Quick change tool post with one tool holder
- 2 MT#3 dead centers (1 carbide tipped)
- 1 MT#3 live center
- Set of six change gears
- 1/2" chuck w/ MT#3 arbor
- High-quality NSK spindle bearings
- Removable gap bed allows turnings up to 17" in diameter
- Nine spindle speeds - ranging from 70 to 1,400 RPM
- Easy to use lever controls
- Hardened and ground cast iron bed
- Cuts 4-112 Standard TPI and 0.2-4.5 Metric
- Full length splash guard
- Spindle on/off reverse switch on carriage
- Halogen work light
- Ball bearing steady/follow rests
- Outboard end support screws
- Socket for tailstock lock
- Heavy-duty steel stand
- Cast aluminum gear cover
- D1-5 spindle nose (6 pin)
- 40mm spindle bore
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 8.5 Amps, 60 Hz, 1725 RPM
- Swing over bed: 12"
- Swing over gap: 17"
- Swing over cross slide: 7"
- Distance between centers: 36"
- Bed width: 7-1/4"
- Spindle bore: 40mm
- Spindle nose taper: MT#5
- Spindle nose: D1-5 Camlock
- Cross slide travel: 6-1/4"
- Compound travel: 3-1/4"
- Carriage travel: 30-1/2"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4"
- Number of speeds: 9
- Range of speeds: 70, 200, 220, 270, 360, 600, 800, 1000, 1400 RPM
- Height w/o stand: 23"
- Height w/ stand: 54-1/2"
- Length w/ stand: 61"
- Width of stand: 26"
- Approximate shipping weight: 1374 lbs.
* Freight cost not applicable to orders shipping outside the contiguous 48 states.
** Final prices will include state sales tax for items shipped to WA, MO, or PA. Shipping charges for items not shipped via truck freight will be added according to our shipping rates