Grizzly 12" x 36" Gunsmith's Lathe with Stand
click to zoom
When we set out to design a professional gunsmith's lathe, our G0509G, we felt that we should also make a smaller starter lathe for aspiring hobby gunsmiths. Don't let the "smaller" size fool you - this is a serious metal lathe with many features that will allow you to turn and chamber barrels just like the bigger one. Plus, it's one heck of a metal cutting lathe. Check out all the interesting features on this puppy!
- 6" 3-Jaw chuck with 2 piece reversible jaws
- 8" 4-Jaw Chuck with reversible jaws
- 10" faceplate
- Steady rest with roller tips
- Follow rest with roller tips
- Quick change tool post with one tool holder
- 2 MT#3 dead centers (1 carbide tipped)
- 1 MT#3 live center
- Set of six change gears
- 1/2" chuck w/ MT#3 arbor
- High-quality NSK spindle bearings
- Removable gap bed allows turnings up to 17" in diameter
- Nine spindle speeds - ranging from 70 to 1,400 RPM
- Easy to use lever controls
- Hardened and ground cast iron bed
- Cuts 4-112 Standard TPI and 0.2-4.5 Metric
- Full length splash guard
- Spindle on/off reverse switch on carriage
- Halogen work light
- Ball bearing steady/follow rests
- Outboard end support screws
- Socket for tailstock lock
- Heavy-duty steel stand
- Cast aluminum gear cover
- D1-5 spindle nose (6 pin)
- 40mm spindle bore
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 8.5 Amps, 60 Hz, 1725 RPM
- Swing over bed: 12"
- Swing over gap: 17"
- Swing over cross slide: 7"
- Distance between centers: 36"
- Bed width: 7-1/4"
- Spindle bore: 40mm
- Spindle nose taper: MT#5
- Spindle nose: D1-5 Camlock
- Cross slide travel: 6-1/4"
- Compound travel: 3-1/4"
- Carriage travel: 30-1/2"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4"
- Number of speeds: 9
- Range of speeds: 70, 200, 220, 270, 360, 600, 800, 1000, 1400 RPM
- Height w/o stand: 23"
- Height w/ stand: 54-1/2"
- Length w/ stand: 61"
- Width of stand: 26"
- Approximate shipping weight: 1330 lbs.
Animation for G4003G