South Bend | SKU: SB1007
Heavy 10™ 10" x 30" Gearhead Lathe
South Bend - Heavy 10™ 10" x 30" Gearhead Lathe
click to zoom
See this item in our 2017 Main Catalog!557
|Missouri||Temporarily Out of Stock|
|Washington||Temporarily Out of Stock|
Through the years, no lathe has been as popular or iconic as a South Bend 10" lathe. This new Heavy 10 is a modern variation of our classic South Bend legend - esteemed throughout the world for being always reliable and exceptionally accurate. Not to be outdone, the SB1007 is a gearhead lathe packed with features and refinements usually found only on much larger, more expensive machines. With a 10-3/4" swing and 30" distance between centers, powered carriage and cross feeds, quick-change gearbox, all gear-head headstock, jog button, outboard spindle spider for gunsmithing, a D1-4 camlock spindle, precision German-made spindle bearings, and especially thick castings, this lathe is heavy enough to do a wide variety of jobs - yet light enough to be quick and responsive to the operator. Spindle speed is controlled via convenient headstock levers, offering an available range of 55-2200 RPM. A heavy-duty 3 HP Delta variable-frequency driver inverter ensures smooth, consistent torque at every speed from the 2 HP two speed 3-phase motor - without requiring a 3-phase power!
- Swing over bed: 10-3/4"
- Distance between centers: 30"
- Maximum weight between centers: 80 lbs.
- Swing over cross slide: 6-5/8"
- Width of bed: 7"
- Cross slide travel: 4-5/8"
- Compound slide travel: 4"
- Spindle nose: D1-4 camlock
- Spindle bore: 1.358"
- Spindle taper: MT#5
- Spindle speeds: (8), 55-2200 RPM
- Spindle bearings: tapered roller
- Spindle length: 13-5/8"
- Spindle length w/3-jaw chuck: 17-11/16"
- Tailstock taper: MT#3
- Tailstock quill travel: 3.125"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1.574"
- Inch threads: 4.5 to 128 TPI (37 pitches)
- Metric threads: 0.25 to 2mm (15 pitches)
- Longitudinal feed range: 0.0018 to 0.0128 IPR
- Cross feeds: 0.0009 to 0.0064 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 15
- Maximum tool bit size: 1/2"
- Spindle motor: 2 HP, 3-phase, 5.5A converted to 15A, 220V, single-phase, 60Hz with inverter
- Base footprint: 51-1/2" x 8-3/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 645 lbs.
- Signature South Bend three V-way bed
- 4-Way tool post
- Outboard spindle spider for gunsmithing
- Quick-change gearbox for cutting inch and metric pitches
- Thread dial indicator
- Carriage and cross-slide power feed
- 6" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-4 plate
- Adjustable carriage stop
- Change gears with drive shaft
- Toolbox with service tools
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
Animation for SB1007