Grizzly G0720R - Heavy-Duty Bench Top Milling Machine
click to zoom
Free shipping within the Contiguous United States.
Sales of this outlet item are limited to quantity on hand.
- Power head elevation
- Digital head tilt angle display
- Head and table travel on dovetailed ways
- Includes B16 drill chuck
- Dovetail column
- Digital spindle scale reads metric or inches, zero set, on/off, graduated in 0.0005"t
- Digital display for spindle RPM
- Reversing buttons on the spindle handles for tapping
- Coolant trough
- Front-mounted fine-feed knob
- Front-mounted E-stop button
- See-through chip guard
- Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 2 HP, 110V, single-phase
- Power source: 110V
- Universal spindle taper: R8
- Spindle travel: 3-5/16"
- Swing: 22-3/4"
- Max. distance spindle to table: 15-3/4"
- T-Slots: 4 @ 2-1/8" centers, 9/16" wide
- Table size: 9-1/2" x 32-1/4"
- Table travel (longitudinal): 17-5/8"
- Table travel (cross): 9-5/8"
- Headstock travel: 13-1/8"
- Headstock tilt: 90° L, 45° R Drilling capacity: 1-1/8"
- Quill diameter: 2.56"
- Variable speed: 100-1600
- Approximate shipping weight: 768 lbs.
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
1 Customer Review (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
Rigid. Power head lift is terrific. Way covers work great. Big power; as the spindle speed slows with a load applied the inverter spindle drive senses the load and takes the speed back to where it was without the load.
I suspect that the engineers who designed this mill have never actually used one. The X and Y leadscrews are 8 TPI. Not 10 TPI, where one rev of the handwheel is 0.100", but 8 TPI, where one rev is 1/8". After a full rev of the handwheel, you start to get into some numbers trying to keep up with the distance that may have you making mistakes.
The X handwheel sticks up above the table, it should be small enough so long parts can lay flat on the table and stick out both ends.
The OSHA-required plastic chip shield is a joke. It's not only worthless, but actually interferes with normal mill operations. I removed the so-called chip shield and transplanted the very nice LED work light to the location where the chip shield had been mounted. Now the front side where I'm working is illuminated instead of the back of the workpiece.
All my hold-down equipment and several custom fixtures and jigs use 1/2" hold-down bolts, that was a major factor in my selection of this machine. Then I discovered that not all the table slots are wide enough for 1/2" tee-nuts. A milling cutter and a grinder for the parts of the slots where the mill won't reach solved the problem, but the machine is described as having 9/16" table slots, when it actually does not.
Overall rigidity, quality, and accuracy are excellent. This is a very good value in a machine with it's capabilities. I highly recommend it.