Grizzly G0761 - Heavy-Duty Benchtop Mill/Drill with Power Feed and Tapping
click to zoom
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, 1-phase, 8.6A
- Swing: 20-1/4" • Max. distance spindle-to-table: 18-1/8"
- Table size: 9-1/2" x 31-1/2"
- Table travel (X-, Y-Axis): 22", 7-1/2"
- Head travel (Z-Axis): 13-3/4"
- Spindle travel: 4-3/4"
- Spindle speeds: 6, 90–1970 RPM
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Head tilt: 45° left & right
- Table T-slots: 1/2" wide, 3-1/8" OC
- Overall size: 49-5/8" W x 57" H x 30-3/4" D
- Base footprint: 17-3/4" W x 21-5/8" D
- Approximate shipping weight: 714 lbs.
- Reversible spindle & tapping controls
- Longitudinal variable-speed power feed
- High-precision P5 spindle bearings
- Table is coolant-system ready
- Dovetail ways, each with adjustable gibs & dual locks for accuracy
- Coarse/fine spindle downfeed with stops
1 Customer Review (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
We needed a transitional mill for prototypes and light production, but we didn't want to commit the cash or space for a knee mill. After carefully comparing all available drill/mill models, we settled on Grizzly because of their customer service, quality and completeness of documentation and the practical range of machines they offer. Ultimately we felt that the G0761 would be best because it's a substantial machine, the traditional gearbox would offer the full power of the motor at any speed, and the controls would be simpler (with less to go wrong in the long run). We could not be more impressed with the unit! It showed up well packaged with clear instructions. Setup, clean up and commissioning were a snap. AND, all of the peripherals (vice, collets, tooling, etc.) are PERFECTLY matched for the machine with no adjustments. The machine operation is smooth. Out of the box, the machine has 0.004" backlash on X and Y axes which is excellent for standard lead screws. The spindle has no radial backlash and, when FULLY extended (5") it deflects less than 0.001" radially with 25 lbs applied at the lower end. In short, it's a very tight and sturdy machine which seems to have made the very most of its 700+ lbs of iron. If you're nervous about rough castings, poorly machined ways, missing parts, poor documentation, or lost-in-translation nonsense, fear not! Grizzly has been awesome to deal with. The G0761 is incredible value for the money and I'd endorse it any day of the week.