Grizzly T24869 - Machine Shop Know-How - Book
click to zoom
Need it by Mon. Mar 27th?
Just order by 2:00 PM PST tomorrow and choose expedited shipping during checkout.
From the back cover: If you've ever wished you could take all of the knowledge of a master machinist and pour it directly into your brain, here's your chance. Packed with useful and practical ideas you won't find anywhere else, Machine Shop Know-How proves that there are no secrets in the machine shop, just information that is rarely documented - until now. With its focus on manually controlled machine tools, Machine Shop Know-How moves beyond the basics to offer the problem-solving insights, imaginative short cuts, and clever tips and tricks of the trade that normally takes years of hands-on shop experience to learn. This book is for home shop machinists, industrial model and scientific instrument makers, R&D technicians, prototype designers, custom car and motorcycle builders, gunsmiths, teachers, students, and anyone who has a fundamental knowledge of machine shop practice and wants to advance to the next level. No matter your experience, this book will improve your machining skills. Machine Shop Know-How is the next best thing to interning with a master.
- Written by Frank M. Marlow, illustrated by P.J. Tallman
- Nearly 600 clear and detailed line drawings
- Step-by-step instructions for dozens of useful shop projects
- Hundreds of practical shop solutions devised by master machinists
- Techniques for finally mastering your lathe, mill, bandsaw and grinders
- Plans to construct jigs and fixtures to make your projects turn out right
- Ways to modify or upgrade existing tools so they really work
- Storage ideas to organize your shop like never before