South Bend | SKU: SB1028F
Mill 10" x 54" with DRO
South Bend - Mill 10" x 54" with DRO
click to zoom
See this item in our 2015 Annual Catalog!650
For applications that require large capacities and high tolerances, these full featured 10" x 54" Vertical Milling Machines are ideal! Discerning machinists will appreciate their electronic variable speeds, fully articulated head/ram assemblies, table and knee power feeds, chromed quills, high quality spindle bearings, double-bronzed leadscrew nuts, Allen Bradley® electronics, and swing arm mounted controls. The 5 HP, 3-phase motors run on single-phase 220V power with Yaskawa inverters to provide variable spindle speeds without requiring 3-phase power. True to their South Bend® name, these outstanding milling machines will surpass expectations!
- Table size: 10" x 54"
- Longitudinal travel: 35"
- Cross travel: 16"
- Vertical (knee) travel: 14-1/4"
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 3-phase, AEVF, 1725 RPM, 220V
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: 60–5000 RPM (variable)
- Spindle nose to table: 2-1/4"–16-1/2"
- Spindle centerline to column: 6-1/2" x 26"
- Quill travel: 5"
- Automatic vertical feeds (per revolution): 0.0015", 0.003", 0.006"
- Head swivel: (L&R) 90° & (F&B) 45°
- Ram travel (In/Out): 19-1/2"
- Column swivel: 360°
- Approximate shipping weight: 3350 lbs.
- Dimensions: 66" L x 77" W x 89" H
- Footprint: (L x W ) 41-1/2" x 24-1/2"
- Allen Bradley® electronic components
- High-quality, low-vibration AEVF spindle motor
- Built-in single-phase to 3-phase Yaskawa power inverter
- P4 (ABEC-7) high-precision angular contact spindle bearings
- X & Y leadscrew nuts double-bronzed for ultra-smooth movement with minimal backlash
- Lever-action one-shot pump way lubrication system
- Control panel mounted on adjustable arm
- Complete built-in coolant system
- Table elevation power feed (Z-axis)
- Variable speed X-axis power feed
- Auto-downfeed with micro-adjustable stop
- Hardened and precision-ground table surface
- Chromed-steel quill
- Heavy-duty spindle brake
- Fagor DRO
- Yaskawa 5.5 KW/220V inverter
- Longitudinal table power feed (X-axis) with rapid override
- Table elevation (Z-axis) power feed
- One shot lubrication
- Flood coolant system
- Chip pan for base
- Tool box and manual
- Milling vises
- R-8 collets
0 Customer Reviews : Sign in to write a review
Be the first to write a review . . .
Animation for SB1028F