South Bend | SKU: SB1026 | Model: FM-2S/1PH
Mill 9" x 42" 1PH
South Bend FM-2S/1PH - Mill 9" x 42" 1PH
click to zoom
See this item in our 2015 Annual Catalog!647
All the precision you could ever need has been masterfully executed in these new South Bend® milling machines. Choose from the 8 speed single phase or the 16 speed 3-phase mill & get the uncompromising quality you've come to expect. No detail has been left to chance: rigid Meehanite castings, hardened & precision-ground table, chromed quill, silky smooth spindle rotation on precision bearings & Turcite coating on the ways, just to name a few! These machines are built to last for many years to come & will provide accurate performance all along the way. Beautiful South Bend® light gray & two-tone blue color scheme.
- Table size: 9" x 42"
- Longitudinal travel: 24-1/2" with power feed, 29-1/2" without power feed
- Cross travel: 13"
- Vertical (knee) travel: 16"
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- Maximum workpiece weight: 750 lbs.
- Spindle motor: 2 HP, single-phase, 220V, 60 Hz
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: 80–2800 RPM (8 steps)
- Spindle nose to table: 0"–18"
- Spindle centerline to column surface: 6"–19"
- Quill travel: 5"
- Automatic vertical feeds (per revolution): 0.0015", 0.003", 0.006"
- Head swivel: (L & R) 90° & (F & R) 45°
- Ram travel (In/Out): 13"
- Ram swivel: 180°
- Approximate shipping weight: 2185 lbs.
- Net machine weight: 1940 lbs.
- Overall dimensions: 63" W x 86" H x 58" D
- Allen Bradley® controls
- Japanese NSK/NTN bearings
- Table, knee and ram are equipped with dual locking mechanisms
- Balanced spindle and high-precision P4 (ABEC-7) bearings for smooth, quiet and precise operation
- Turcite-coated ways
- Each machine comes with its own QC report for tested tolerances
- South Bend® brass nameplate
- Meehanite® casting
- Built in the typical South Bend® “no compromises” fashion
- Longitudinal table power feed with rapid override
- One shot lubrication
- Tool box and operational manual
- Work light
- Each machine crated individually
- Milling vises
- R-8 collets
Animation for SB1026