South Bend FM-2S/3PH - Mill 9" x 42" 3PH
All the precision you could ever need has been masterfully executed in these new South Bend® milling machines. Choose from the 8 speed single phase or the 16 speed 3-phase mill & get the uncompromising quality you've come to expect. No detail has been left to chance: rigid Meehanite castings, hardened & precision-ground table, chromed quill, silky smooth spindle rotation on precision bearings & Turcite coating on the ways, just to name a few! These machines are built to last for many years to come & will provide accurate performance all along the way. Beautiful South Bend® light gray & two-tone blue color scheme.
- Table size: 9" x 42"
- Longitudinal travel: 24-1/2" with power feed, 29-1/2" without power feed
- Cross travel: 13"
- Vertical (knee) travel: 16"
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- Maximum workpiece weight: 750 lbs.
- Spindle motor: 2 HP, 3-phase, 220V, 60 Hz
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: 80–5600 RPM (16 steps)
- Spindle nose to table: 0"–18"
- Spindle centerline to column surface: 6"–19"
- Quill travel: 5"
- Automatic vertical feeds (per revolution): 0.0015", 0.003", 0.006"
- Head swivel: (L & R) 90° & (F & R) 45°
- Ram travel (In/Out): 13"
- Ram swivel: 180°
- Approximate shipping weight: 2062 lbs.
- Net machine weight: 1918 lbs.
- Overall dimensions: 63" W x 81" H x 58" D
- Allen Bradley® controls
- Japanese NSK/NTN bearings
- Table, knee and ram are equipped with dual locking mechanisms
- Balanced spindle and high-precision P4 (ABEC-7) bearings for smooth, quiet and precise operation
- Turcite-coated ways
- Each machine comes with its own QC report for tested tolerances
- South Bend® brass nameplate
- Meehanite® casting
- Built in the typical South Bend® “no compromises” fashion
- Longitudinal table power feed with rapid override
- One shot lubrication
- Tool box and operational manual
- Work light
- Each machine crated individually
- Milling vises
- R-8 collets
Accessories and Related Items:
You May Also Like:
Customers who purchased this item also purchased:
1 Customer Review (5 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I cant seem to find any reviews on this mill so i decided to write one In hopes of helping anyone that has some reservations about this machine. I bought this mill after considering the size and capacity of my work, the limited space that i have available and buying a used Bridgeport. Decided to take a chance on the SB considering its about the same price as a decent used Bridgeport. The machine was delivered in excellent condition. Wow! I only buy machines with urethane finishes and fit and finish was perfect. Not a flaw in sight! All the actions were really smooth, very little backlash in the controls and powers up extremely quiet. Accuracy and repeat ability are paramount for me and this machine delivers in spades! I quickly converted to variable speed with a VFD module and added a digital RPM indicator in the control panel. I was an electrical engineer and the electrical panel lent it self to this conversion really easily without having to compromise the safety and emergency cutoff circuitry of the machine.
I deliberately ordered this model without the DRO I think it just added way too much to the final price. With the typical slop in the Chinese machines it s really hard to hold tolerances, you would really need a DRO. But with a machine this accurate you can easily get along without it.
Its been a few months now and you know that feeling that you get when you know that you made a really good purchase? I get it every time I look at it. Im so impressed Now I'm looking to order another and convert this one to CNC. Hope this helps in your purchase. Sorry all pros in this review no cons.