South Bend Mill 9" x 48" EVS
click to zoom
True to South Bend® fashion, this Electronic Speed Mill is made with uncompromising quality Hardened and ground table, chromed quill & Turcite coated ways mean built-in durability for years of service. With it's Yaskawa frequency drive, it only requires a single phase power source to provide variable speed control! Check out the capacities, features & specifications below! This is the machine to have for years of accurate, trouble-free operation. Beautiful South Bend® light gray & two-tone blue color scheme.
- Analog RPM display
- Smooth, quiet operation
- True electronic speed control
- Standardized U.S. electrical components
- Allen Bradley controls
- Balanced polyvee belt design - class 7 spindle bearings
- Table, knee & ram are equipped with dual locking mechanisms
- Hand scraped surfaces & custom fit gibs guarantee alignment & accuracy
- Table size: 9" x 48"
- Workpiece capacity: 550 lbs.
- Longitudinal travel (X-axis): 30"
- Cross travel (Y-axis): 12"
- Knee travel: 16"
- Ram travel: 13"
- Ram swivel: 360°
- Max. distance spindle to table: 18"
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Quill diameter: 3.35"
- Spindle speeds: Variable
- EVS speed range: 50-575, 575-5000 RPM
- Spindle feed: 0.0015" / 0.003" / 0.006"
- Head tilt / head swivel: 45° / 90°
- Turret diameter: 12.5"
- Column graduations: .001"
- Knee width: 11.625"
- Knee to column bearing length: 16.5"
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single phase input
- Yaskawa 5 HP inverter
- Power required: 25 amps / 15 KVA
- Footprint: 72"L x 58"W
- Net weight: 2,380 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 2,675 lbs.
- One shot lube system
- Flood coolant system
- Base chip pan
- Double table and knee locks
- Complete documentation package
- X-axis powerfeed for the table
- Power drawbar
- Additional powerfeeds
- Milling vises