T21837 Nancy's Rocker and Footstool Plans
Note: Due to their nature, plans are non-returnable. Defective plans will be replaced.
- Among woodworkers the dream of making a "Maloof Inspired" rocking chair can now be a reality. Our 32 page instruction booklet with color photos, two 36” x 48” full-size patterns and a 24" x 36" full size pattern for the Footstool, provides you with all the necessary guidance you will need to build Nancy’s Rocker with the matching Footstool…..! Actually with our plan you get two great designs…If you can trace with carbon paper from the plan to your template material you can build this Rocker & Footstool.....
- Our directions will start with the Footstool. You will cut the beveled edges and hand cut the exposed angled dovetails. This is followed with carving the small feet and the assembly of the stretcher and final glue up.
We start construction of the Rocker by building the bending form for the rockers from the full size plan.
There are a group of templates that are required and they are made from ¼” plywood from the full size patterns.
- Build form for the rockers
- Lamination of the rockers.
- Rip material for seat.
- Bandsaw and scoop out the contour of the seat.
- Shape front leg mounting.
- Shape and route rear leg mounting.
- Using Whiteside Router Bits cut 5 degree offset
- Bandsaw rear legs to shape.
- Bandsaw and lathe turn front legs.
- Bandsaw and route rear spindles
- Shape crest.
- Final assembly with glue, contrasting plugs and screws and dowels.
- Using rasps, rifflers, shape and form this beautiful Rocker.
Size: Nancy’s Rocker: 46” high 26” wide and 48” deep.
Footstool: 7 ½” high 7 ¼” deep and 15 ½” wide.
** Final prices will include state sales tax for items shipped to WA, MO, or PA. Shipping charges for items not shipped via truck freight will be added according to our shipping rates