South Bend Surface Grinder 6" x 18"
This machine was created specifically for use in the toolrooms of machine shops. All cast iron construction with outstanding components. Beautiful South Bend® light gray and two-tone blue color scheme. Built in the true South Bend® fashion of precision and high quality, the machine table glides like the movement of a fine Swiss watch! You will not be disappointed!
- Table size: 5-3/4" x 17-3/4"
- Longitudinal travel: 19-3/8"
- Cross travel: 7-9/16"
- T-slot: 5/8"
- Min. distance surface to spindle center: 2-3/8"
- Max. distance surface to spindle center: 19-1/4" (490mm)
- Spindle arbor: 7-1/2 degree
- Spindle speed: 3450 RPM
- Motor size: 1-1/2 HP, 3-phase
- Motor voltage: 220V/440V, 60 Hz, prewired to 220V
- Grinding wheel size: 7" x 1/2" x 1-1/4"
- Vertical feed handwheel per revolution: 0.05"
- Vertical feed handwheel graduation: 0.0002" (0.005mm)
- Cross feed handwheel per revolution: .2" (5mm)
- Cross feed handwheel graduation: 0.001"
- Floor to table height: 39-5/8"
- Space required for full range of movement: 68" W x 67-3/4" H x 47" D
- Machine footprint (stand only): 26-1/2" x 28"
- Approximate shipping weight: 2082 lbs.
- Net machine weight: 1912 lbs.
- Adjustable position dust port: 2-1/2"
- Japanese NSK bearings
- Precision hand-scraped ways by craftsmen who have over 30 years scraping experience!
- Precision ball slideways for super smooth and precise operation—a total joy to feel the table of this machine glide so nicely
- Stand built from one-piece heavy-duty cast iron casting
- Excellent South Bend® uncompromising quality
- Constant flow lubrication system
- Grinding wheel
- Wheel flange
- Wheel guard
- Tool box and instruction manual
- Allen Bradley® electrical components
- South Bend® brass nameplates (2)
- Tool tray
- Lifting hooks (4)
- Oil Pump
- Diamond dressing tool
- Wheel balancing arbor
- Adjustable table travel stops
- Top quality South Bend® magnetic chuck
Animation for SB1029