Shop Fox T23376 - Universal Mobile Base
Need it by Wed. Feb 10th?
Just order by 2:00 PM PST today and choose expedited shipping during checkout.
- Customize to fit any size machine base with your own cut-to-size plywood
- Sturdy corner brackets attach with included hardware
- Kick-stand casters provide easy mobility
- Adjustable feet provide stability during stationary machine use
- 3/4" thick plywood recommended (sold separately)
- Includes two fixed caster brackets & two swivel caster brackets
- Dimensions: Min. 12" x 12", Max. 36" x 36" (with 3/4" base material). Thicker plywood will allow larger dimensions. Some customers even double-up the plywood for greater support and strength
- 600 lb. capacity
1 Customer Review (2 out of 5 stars): Sign in to write a review
I ordered two of these mobile bases for my drill press and sander stands. While waiting for delivery from Grizzly, I prepared the plywood bases by sandwiching two 1/2" pieces of plywood (I had extra 1/2" plywood I wanted to use up) . The specs in the Grizzly site "recommends a 3/4" plywood base". What stinks is the specialty machine screws that come with the base are only 30mm which limits the base thickness to 3/4" . So I ran around Ace and Home Depot and they do not sell these screws. So either I go back to Home Depot and hump a fresh sheet of 3/4" plywood home and make new bases or order the proper length screws off of the internet. I went the internet route and bought thirty 40mm screws and now will have to wait for delivery from the other side of the globe. No brainer, Grizzly should've had this unit packaged with 40mm or 45mm providing the user some base material flexibility. So I thought I was getting a good deal on the bases and ended up shelling out another $20 for a handful of proper length screws. At a minimum, Grizzly needs to change their website to boldly say the included hardware cannot be used on any base material exceeding 3/4" instead of the misleading "recommendation" of 3/4" base. And they product requires specially flathead countersunk screws so there is no user jury-rigging using other hardware laying around the shop.
This was my first purchase from Grizzly and feel this kinda bit me with wasted time and extra out of pocket expenses just to use the product.