Grizzly Vertical Mill - 16 Speed
click to zoom
"Wow, this is soooo nice," said our QC Supervisor (a former career machinist) when we first showed him this 10" x 50" 16-Speed Vertical Mill. "It is so unbelievably solid and smooth. I love it!" he said, after trying out the table and spindle controls. Not only was it love at first sight, but the romance burned even hotter after he put it through a week of rigorous product testing. And he wasn't the only admirer, either. We got similar reactions from our Engineers, Tech Writers, Service Technicians, and Photographers (all of whom have seen thousands of machines over the years)—making it an instant staff favorite. See for yourself by checking out the specifications and features below. We're confident that once you get your hands on it, you'll be just as smitten as we are!
- One-shot pump way lubrication
- Y and Z axis way covers
- Auto-downfeed with micro-adjustable auto stop
- Longitudinal power feed
- 16-speed spindle rotation
- Chrome-plated precision-ground quill
- Meehanite cast iron
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, 3-phase, TEFC, 3450/1725 RPM
- Power transfer: V-belt and gear
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Swing: 48-3/4"
- Longitudinal table travel: 29-7/8"
- Cross table travel: 15-3/4"
- Vertical table travel: 16"
- Ram travel: 24"
- Ram swivel angle: 360°
- Head tilt (left-to-right): 90°
- Head tilt (front-to-back): 45°
- Turret or column swivel (left and right): 360°
- Distance spindle to column: 24-3/8"
- Distance spindle to table: 16-7/8"
- Drilling capacity for cast iron: 1-1/4"
- Drilling capacity for steel: 1"
- Number of vertical spindle speeds: 16
- Range of vertical spindle speeds: 80–5440 RPM
- Quill diameter: 86mm
- Quill feed rates: 0.0015, 0.003, 0.006 in/rev
- Table length: 50"
- Table width: 10"
- Table thickness: 3-5/16"
- T-slots: 3 at 2-1/2" centers, 5/8" wide
- Approximate shipping weight: 2492 lbs.