Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective: Jan 1, 2020
Last Updated: May 18, 2020
|Categories of Personal Information Collected||Sources of Collection||Business/Purposes for Collection or Sharing||Categories of Third Parties Receiving Personal Information|
|Personal identifiers including name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, driver’s license or other state ID card number or passport number.||Individual customers Website visitors Third-party service providers Insurance claims and other matters Other individuals or third parties who communicate with us Employees and job applicants Personal identifiers may also come from third-party services such as Facebook or Amazon Payments, including third-party account handle, email address, mailing address, account information, and purchase or redemption information.||To provide products and services to our customers; to process requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud. To communicate with individuals who interact with us and our partners To provide registration for customer marketing events To advertise, and market Grizzly Services to current and future customers. To respond to customer requests, processing and shipping and delivery orders, customizing future customer interactions, improving Grizzly Services and communications with customers. In cases of mergers or acquisitions of Grizzly stores, subsidiaries, or business units. Correcting our records and providing technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services to co-branded businesses. To make informed business decisions for marketing campaigns, product development, and new features To conduct payroll and for hiring and other HR purposes with current, former, and prospective employees and contractors To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations. To verify customer request and comply with applicable laws and regulations||Third-party service providers involved in transactions with customers Marketing service providers Purchasers of Grizzly stores, subsidiaries, or business units Third party businesses for whom Grizzly is a reseller of their products when a customer has bought such a product Law enforcement agencies Background check providers Third parties involved in verifying customer requests or other compliance activities|
|Education and employment information, including citizenship, educational background, current and prior employment, and results of criminal background checks||Job applicants and employees Recruiters Background check providers||To conducting hiring and recruiting processes To conduct payroll and for other HR purposes with current, former, and prospective employees and contractors||Background check providers|
|Financial information including bank account numbers or other financial information, such as a credit card information. Credit history information||Individual customers. Third-party Providers and Services Financial information may also be obtained from third-party services such as Facebook or Amazon Payments account information purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which Grizzly is co-branded, search term and search result information.||To provide products and services to our customers; to process requests, purchases, transactions, to collect payments, to facilitate payments and transactions, and to prevent transactional fraud. Prevent fraud and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to customers. In cases of mergers or acquisitions of Grizzly stores, subsidiaries, or business units.||Third-party service providers and payment processors Debt servicing and collection agencies Purchasers of Grizzly stores, subsidiaries, or business units Third party businesses for whom Grizzly is a reseller of their products when a customer has bought such a product Law enforcement agencies|
- Internet and other network activity information
- Personal identifiers, such as name, title, biographical information (from other sources in the course of our business), social media identifiers, physical address, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other, similar identifiers.
- Financial information including bank account numbers or other financial information, such as a credit card information and credit history information.
C. California Right to Know.California residents have the right to request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected, used, and disclosed during the past twelve months, the categories of sources from which their personal information was collected, our business or commercial purpose for collecting their personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared their personal information. You may submit a request to know by following the process outlined in Section E below. Please note that, in responding to your request, we are not permitted to disclose or provide you with your Social Security Number, Driver’s License Number, or other government issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password, or security questions and answers.
D. California Right to Delete.California residents also have the right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected from them, subject to certain exceptions set forth within the CCPA. You may submit a request to delete by following the process outlined in Section E below. We may deny your deletion request if we are unable to verify the request or if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
E. Submitting a Request.You can submit a request exercising your right to know or to delete by mail only. You will need to provide us with personal information to verify your identity and California residency. The personal information that we use for verification will not be used for any other purposes. In order to submit a request to know or to delete, you must provide the following pieces of information:
- Name, address, and phone number
- A copy of your driver’s license, with address that matches billing address on file
- Your last order number
- A copy of a utility bill with your home address that matches shipping address used when placing an order with Grizzly
- Email address that matches the email on file
F. Your Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Privacy Right.We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
G. Other California Privacy Rights
- California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civ. Code § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at: Grizzly Industrial, Inc. c/o Privacy P.O. Box 2069 Bellingham, WA 98227-2069
- If you are a California resident who is under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly available content that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information was entered, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (1) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (2) was not posted by you; (3) is anonymized so that you cannot be identified; (4) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (5) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the content. Removal of your content from the Grizzly Services does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content from our systems or the systems of our service providers. We are not required to delete the content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the content or render it invisible to other users and the public.