Over the last 30 years, Grizzly Industrial has become one of the largest providers of woodworking and metalworking machinery, tools, and related accessories in North America. As a company, we value employees with a strong work ethic who desire excellence in the service they provide and their work. To learn more about our Company’s products and history, visit our website at www.grizzly.com.
We have an immediate opening for a Technical Writer in our Bellingham, WA facility. The ideal candidate will have a high mechanical aptitude, strong knowledge of power tools and machinery, and a college degree (or work experience) related to communications or writing. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or similar desktop-publishing software is preferred, but not required.
Our Tech Docs team operates under regular deadlines in a production-oriented atmosphere. Our Tech Writers regularly coordinate with inspectors and engineers around the globe, as well as a variety of internal company staff in multiple departments. All work produced is subjected to multiple rounds of extensive proofing, so the right candidate must be comfortable with constructive criticism and a deeply involved editorial process.
Those who succeed in this position have a strong work ethic, are highly detail-oriented, and have a strong sense of resilience and confidence. We work in a fast-paced environment, on a wide variety of challenging work, and for many different stakeholders. Therefore, the candidate must be enjoyable to work with, have an adaptable personality, and a perennial positive attitude. Due to the fast-paced nature of the job, good organization and time-management skills are simply a must.
Job responsibilities include creation/editing of:
- Owner’s Manuals
- Instruction Sheets
- Part Breakdowns
- Wiring Diagrams
- Specification Sheets
- Safety Labeling & Product Warnings
- Press Releases
- Engineering/Tech Support Bulletins
- Catalog & Web Sales Copy
- Training Modules & Style Guides
- Company SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Video Scripts
Approximate time breakdown for position:
- 40% Technical Writing, Desktop Publishing, Photo Editing, Illustrations
- 25% Part Breakdowns, Wiring Diagrams
- 15% Reading, Proofing, Editing
- 10% Hands-on Work with Machinery and Tools
- 10% Meetings, Research, Other
- Degree or work experience in communications or writing
- Proficiency in desktop publishing software
- High mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of power tools and woodworking or metalworking machinery
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Good organization and time-management skills
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive pay we also offer:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Progressive premium coverage on dependent medical/dental insurance based on years of service
- Employer-paid long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance policies
- Optional short-term disability, dependent life insurance and AFLAC policies
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Employee discount
We offer a fast paced, professional, collaborative and structured environment.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Technical Writer Position
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.
P.O. Box 2069
Bellingham, WA 98227
Or email to email@example.com
Grizzly is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer.