We have an immediate full-time opening for an Entry Level Service Technician in our Springfield, MO facility. Our Service Department operates during 1st shift hours and will include a rotating Saturday work requirement. Successful applicants will have excellent, mechanical skills and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. This position requires a high degree of safety, accuracy and productivity to ensure that our customers receive the excellent customer service they have learned to expect from Grizzly Industrial. This position also requires at least experience as a safe and accurate forklift operator and basic computer literacy. Employee will be required to furnish own tools.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose proper repair
- Ability to remove, repair and replace defective parts
- Examine parts to detect imperfections
- Use measuring tools to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems
- Realign and adjust components such as bearings, spindles and electric motors
- Maintain and lubricate machine tools, parts and equipment
- Assemble and test machine to verify correction of malfunction
- Perform electrical repairs
- Read catalog, manual, or computer as needed to research repair needs
- Assessment of freight damage
- Speak with customers in person and on the telephone to help diagnose product problems and discuss options
- Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, hoses, vacuums, or other equipment
- Use all types of hand tools, power tools, woodworking and metal working machinery, forklifts, gear pullers, jacks, cranes, or hoists
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures
- Extensive computer/PC work to prepare reports, process returns, write batch inspections, and communicate via email and internal messaging systems
- Perform repetitive tasks while standing for long periods
- Assist in other departments when needed
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Two years of mechanical, woodworking or electrical experience preferred
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to Lift up to 75 lbs. unassisted
- Basic electrical 110-220V Single Phase preferrred
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 2-years forklift experience
About Our Company:
Since our inception in 1983, Grizzly Industrial, Inc. (www.grizzly.com) has become one of the USA’s largest providers of woodworking and metalworking machinery, tools and related accessories, with almost a million square feet of warehouse space in two states. Grizzly products can be found in all sizes of shops, from the large industrial production users, to the smaller cabinet and machine shops.
We provide high-quality products at the lowest possible prices through strong internet and catalog presence. Grizzly was the first tool and machinery company to have a website over two decades ago.
As a company, we value a strong work ethic and promote a corporate structure that is professional, collaborative, and organized. We place a strong value on respect, ethics and integrity and promote a positive, cooperative and fast-paced environment.
As an organization we focus on getting results, and in order to achieve results we remain focused on teamwork, maintaining high standards, and taking complete ownership of our work.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Pay Range $13.00 - $17.00 per hour depending on experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Progressive premium coverage on dependent medical/dental insurance based on years of service
- Employer-paid long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance
- Optional short-term disability, dependent life insurance and AFLAC
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Employee discount
To be considered, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grizzly is a drug-free and equal employment opportunity employer.
To learn more about our company’s products and history, visit our website at www.grizzly.com.