South Bend SB1028F - 10" x 54" 5 HP 3-Phase Mill with DRO
SB1028F 10" x 54" 5 HP 3-Phase Mill with DRO
Ideal for applications that require large capacities and high tolerances.Discerning machinists will appreciate its electronic variable speeds, fully articulated head/ram assembly, table and knee power feed, chromed quill, high quality spindle bearings, double-bronzed leadscrew nut, Allen Bradley electronics, and swing arm mounted controls. The 5 HP, 3-phase motor runs on single-phase 220V power with a Yaskawa inverter to provide variable spindle speeds without requiring 3-phase power. True to its South Bend name, this outstanding milling machine will surpass expectations!
The manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your mill.
Like all South Bend mills, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mill are available on-line and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Table size: 10" x 54"
- Longitudinal travel: 35"
- Cross travel: 16"
- Vertical (knee) travel: 14-1/4"
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 3-phase, AEVF, 1725 RPM, 220V
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: 60-5000 RPM (electronic variable)
- Spindle nose to table: 2-1/4"-16-1/2"
- Spindle centerline to column: 6-1/2" x 26"
- Quill travel: 5"
- Automatic vertical feeds (per revolution): 0.0015", 0.003", 0.006"
- Head swivel: (L&R) 90 degrees & (F&B) 45 degrees
- Ram travel (In/Out): 19-1/2"
- Column swivel: 360 degrees
- Approximate shipping weight: 3350 lbs.
- Dimensions: 66" L x 77" W x 89" H
- Footprint: (L x W ) 41-1/2" x 24-1/2"
- Allen Bradley electronic components
- High-quality, low-vibration AEVF spindle motor
- Built-in single-phase to 3-phase Yaskawa power inverter
- P4 (ABEC-7) high-precision angular contact spindle bearings
- X & Y leadscrew nuts double-bronzed for ultra-smooth movement with minimal backlash
- Lever-action one-shot pump way lubrication system
- Control panel mounted on adjustable arm
- Complete built-in coolant system
- Table elevation power feed (Z-axis)
- Variable speed X-axis power feed
- Auto-downfeed with micro-adjustable stop
- Hardened and precision-ground table surface
- Chromed-steel quill
- Heavy-duty spindle brake
- Fagor 3-axis DRO with 0.0002" resolution
- Yaskawa 5.5 KW/220V inverter
- Longitudinal table power feed (X-axis) with rapid override
- Table elevation (Z-axis) power feed
- Heavy-duty power draw bar
- One shot lubrication
- Flood coolant system
- Chip pan for base
- Tool box
- Milling vises
- R-8 collets