South Bend SB1024F - 9" x 42" 2 HP Mill with DRO
SB1024F 9" x 42" 2 HP Mill with DROThese milling machines have all of the quality features you’d expect from the South Bend® name! Along with the cast-iron components of the Reeves variable speed drives, durability is enhanced with chromed quills, hardened and ground tables, one shot lubrication, and Turcite coated ways. These South Bend® Mills are built to last!
The manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your mill.
Like all South Bend mills, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mill are available on-line and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Table size: 9" x 42"
- Longitudinal travel: 24-1/2" with power feed, 29-1/2" without power feed
- Cross travel: 13"
- Vertical (Knee) travel: 16"
- Table T-Slots: (3) 5/8"
- Maximum work piece weight: 750 lbs.
- Spindle motor: 2 HP, single-phase
- Motor voltage: 220V, 60Hz, 14A
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: 60–4200 RPM (Variable)
- Spindle nose to table: 0"–19"
- Spindle centerline to column surface: 7-1/4"–19"
- Quill travel: 5"
- Automatic vertical feeds (per revolution): 0.0015", 0.003", 0.006"
- Head swivel: (L & R) 90° & (F & R) 45°
- Ram travel (In/Out): 13"
- Ram swivel: 360°
- Approximate shipping weight: 2130 lbs.
- Net machine weight: 1984 lbs.
- Floor space: 63" L x 58" W x 87" H
- Allen Bradley® controls
- Japanese NSK/NTN bearings
- Table, knee and ram are equipped with dual locking mechanisms
- Balanced spindle and high-precision P4 (ABEC-7) bearings for smooth, quiet and precise operation
- Turcite-coated ways
- Each machine comes with its own QC report for tested tolerances
- South Bend® brass nameplate
- Meehanite® castings
- Built in the typical South Bend® “no compromises” fashion
- Fagor DRO
- Longitudinal table power feed with rapid override
- One shot lubrication
- Tool box and operational manual
- Work light
- Each machine crated individually
- Milling vises
- R-8 collets