South Bend SB1027F - 9" x 48" 3 HP Turret Mill with DRO
SB1027F 9" x 48" 3 HP Turret Mill with DRO
True to South Bend® fashion, this Electronic Variable Speed Mill is made with uncompromising quality. Hardened and ground table, chromed quill & Turcite coated ways mean built-in durability for years of service. With it's Yaskawa frequency drive, it only requires a single phase power source to provide variable speed control! Check out the capacities, features & specifications below! This is the machine to have for years of accurate, trouble-free operation. Beautiful South Bend® light gray & two-tone blue color scheme.
The manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your mill.
Like all South Bend mills, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mill are available on-line and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Analog RPM display
- Smooth, quiet operation
- True electronic speed control
- Standardized U.S. electrical components
- Allen Bradley controls
- Balanced polyvee belt design - class 7 spindle bearings
- Table, knee & ram are equipped with dual locking mechanisms
- Hand scraped surfaces & custom fit gibs guarantee alignment & accuracy
- Fagor DRO
- Table size: 9" x 48"
- Workpiece capacity: 550 lbs.
- Longitudinal travel (X-axis): 30"
- Cross travel (Y-axis): 12"
- Knee travel: 16"
- Ram travel: 13"
- Ram swivel: 360°
- Max. distance spindle to table: 18"
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Quill diameter: 3.35"
- Spindle speeds: Variable
- EVS speed range: 50-575, 575-5000 RPM
- Spindle feed: 0.0015" / 0.003" / 0.006"
- Head tilt / head swivel: 45° / 90°
- Turret diameter: 12.5"
- Column graduations: .001"
- Knee width: 11.625"
- Knee to column bearing length: 16.5"
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single phase input
- Yaskawa 5 HP inverter
- Power required: 25 amps / 15 KVA
- Footprint: 72"L x 58"W
- Net weight: 2,380 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 2,675 lbs.
- One shot lube system
- Flood coolant system
- Base chip pan
- Double table and knee locks
- Complete documentation package
- X-axis powerfeed for the table
- Power drawbar
- Milling vises