Detect nails, screws, staples, wire, bullets and other metal objects hidden in lumber with this powerful auto-tuning handheld metal detector designed specifically for woodworkers. It features a laser line indicator, automatic tuning, automatic calibration whenever the unit is turned on, false-positive rejection, and vibration alert for use in noisy workshops.
Undetected metal objects embedded in new or used lumber can damage cutterhead knives and inserts, saw blades, router and drill bits, and other expensive tools and equipment. Flying metal fragments can also cause serious injury. The Lumber Wizard 5 can help prevent all of that, saving you time and money.
- Operating frequency: 13 kHz/6,600 Hz
- Dimensions: 15" x 3-1/8"
- Weight: 13 oz.
- Power requirement: One standard alkaline 9-volt battery (not included)
- Typical battery life: 40 hours
- Presence of metal: Piezo tone beeper with red LED indicator
- Low battery: Steady tone with light
- Low battery 6 volt warning: Warble tone with flashing light
- Low battery below 3 volt warning: Constant beep tone until unit shuts off
Due to potential fraudulent transactions, orders containing name brand products may be required to ship to the billing address.