Grizzly G1066Z - 24" 5 HP Drum Sander w/ VS
G1066Z 24" 5 HP Drum Sander w/VS
Perfect sanding results in a fraction of the time.
The G1066Z features dual 6" aluminum sanding drums that allow coarse and fine sanding in one pass, doubling the efficiency of a single drum sander, allowing you to work faster and be more productive.
The variable-speed feed from 0 to 20 feet per minute allows you to find the perfect feed rate for your sanding project.
The G1066Z accepts large materials, up to 4-1/4" thicknesses and 23-1/2" wide.
Wired to run on 220V, the 5 HP has all the power you will ever need to continuously sand large surfaces.
Customers have asked us why our drums are not rubber-coated. The rubber-coated drums become "spongy" and do not sand evenly or parallel to the ends.
For your convenience, the G1066Z has an easy access control panel and built-in amp meter to gauge workload.
To keep the dust to a minimum, two 4" dust ports have been added for easy hook-up to a collection system.
Like all Grizzly drum sanders, the G1066Z comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G1066Z manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the sander are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Sanding motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase drum, 25A
- Feed motor: 1/3 HP, 2A
- Maximum board width: 23-1/2"
- Minimum board width: 2"
- Maximum board thickness: 4-1/4"
- Minimum board thickness: 1/8"
- Minimum board length: 9"
- Drum surface speed: 2300 FPM
- Conveyor feed rate: variable, 0-20 FPM
- Sanding drum size: 6"
- Sanding belt size: 3" x 176" hook & loop
- Approximate shipping weight: 489 lbs.
- Industrial-duty rubber conveyor belt
- Two 4" dust ports for easy hook-up to a collection system
- Variable-speed conveyor
- V-belt main motor; chain drive feed motor
- Dual 6" aluminum sanding drums
- Four leadscrew table elevation system
- State-of-the-art computer balanced drums
- Easy-access control panel with amp load meter
- External micro adjustment on outfeed drum
- Includes one each 80-grit and 120-grit sanding belts