Shop Fox W1738 - 37" 15 HP 3-Phase Wide-Belt Sander
W1738 37" 15 HP 3-Phase Wide-Belt Sander
A 37"wide-belt sander built for daily industrial use.
Door builders and cabinet shops will love the extra capacity of the W1738 37" 15 HP 3-Phase Wide-Belt Sander.
With a 15 HP, three-phase sanding motor, this wide-belt is built for daily industrial use with features such as a heavy-duty steel cabinet, pneumatic belt oscillation, and a built-in air filter/regulator.
The digital control pad automates table adjustments and is accurate to 0.005".
Also, the variable-speed conveyor, adjustable oscillation controls, and adjustable graphite/felt platen easily allow the operator to find the perfect combination of settings to achieve soft, smooth finishes on all types of wood.
The W1738 has a quick-change belt system with automatic belt tensioning. For a full range of replacement belts for this wide-belt sander, shop here.
Like all Shop Fox wide-belt sanders, the W1738 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The W1738 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the wide-belt sander may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
CSA and UL certified
- Sanding motor: 15 HP, 220V/440V*, 3-phase, 36A/18A
- Conveyor Motor: 1 HP, 3.4A
- Table elevation motor: 1/3 HP, 3.6A
- Maximum board width: 36-1/2"
- Maximum board thickness: 6"
- Minimum board length: 14"
- Minimum board thickness: 1/8"
- Feed rate: variable, 15-49 FPM
- Sanding belt size: 37" x 60"
- Sanding belt oscillations: 5/8"–3/4"
- Drum speed: 2600 FPM
- Air requirements: 75 PSI
- Footprint: 52-1/8" W x 49-3/8" D
- Overall dimensions: 52-1/8" W x 49-3/8" D x 69-5/8" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 1791 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Built-in air filter
- Independent motor control
- Pneumatic belt tracking and tensioning
- Digital sanding load meter
- Emergency stop bar
- Digital readout and control panel
- Three 4" dust ports
- Steel cabinet
- Steel outfeed/infeed drum
- Rubber infeed drum and rubber pressure rollers
- Micro-adjustable graphite/felt platen
*This machine is prewired for 220V. We can rewire to 440V in a few days’ time for a fee of $250. Please contact Woodstock Technical Support at 360-734-3482 before placing your order.