Shop Fox M1112 - Gunsmith Lathe with Stand
M1112 Shop Fox Gunsmith Lathe
Hit the "bull's eye" with this high-precision gunsmith lathe.
To ensure a high degree of accuracy, the M1112 Gunsmith Lathe from Shop Fox is equipped with a quick-change gearbox and high-precision spindle bearings.
Supplied with a 2 HP motor, the 9-speed gearhead of the M1112 produces spindle speeds from 70-1400 RPM.
The spindle has a D1-5 camlock with an MT#5 taper and 1.57" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#3 taper and 4" of quill travel.
The spider mount system is especially designed for supporting long workpieces that extend through the outboard end of the spindle.
The tailstock lock system features a drive hub to ensure consistent draw-down alignment every time.
Longitudinal and cross slide powered motions are controlled by the carriage/cross feed lever.
Other features include a heavy-duty, vibration-dampening steel stand, bearing-tipped follow rest and steady rest.
Like all Shop Fox lathes, the M1112 comes with a 2-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The M1112 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department is packed with useful information.
The Woodstock Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 12A
- Swing over bed: 12"
- Distance between centers: 36"
- Swing over cross slide: 7"
- Swing over saddle: 11-11/32"
- Cross slide travel: 6-1/4"
- Compound travel: 3-1/4"
- Carriage travel: 24"
- Spindle speeds: 9, 70–1400 RPM
- Spindle bore: 1.57"
- Spindle nose: D1-5 camlock
- Spindle taper: MT#5
- Bed width: 7-1/4"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4"
- Leadscrew: 8 TPI
- Longitudinal feed range: 40, 0.0011"–0.0310"
- Cross feed range: 40, 0.0004"–0.0105" in./rev.
- Thread range (inch): 40, 4–112 TPI
- Thread range (metric): 29, 0.2–4.5 mm
- Max. tool size: 5/8"
- Overall size: 61"L x 26" W x 54-1/2"H
- Approximate shipping weight: 1358 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Easy-to-use lever controls
- Full length splash guard
- ON/OFF reverse switch on carriage
- LED work light
- Ball bearing steady/follow rests
- Outboard end support screws
- Socket for tailstock lock
- Steel stand with extended base
- Cast-aluminum gear cover
- One MT#3 live center
- Two MT#3 dead centers (one carbide-tipped)
- 1/2" drill chuck with MT#3 arbor
- 6" 3-Jaw chuck with 2-piece reversible jaws
- 8" 4-Jaw chuck with reversible jaws
- 10" faceplate
- Quick-change tool post with one tool holder
- Set of six change gears
- Hardened-and-ground cast-iron bed
- Tool box