South Bend® quality is built into every one of these fantastic gearhead lathes!
Features include universal QC gearbox, extra long saddle for stability, pull out chip pan, and of course, a full compliment of standard equipment that includes 3 & 4-jaw chucks, steady & follow rests, micrometer carriage stop and a lot more. Just check out the specs below and you'll agree, these lathes will be a handsome addition in any busy shop.
These South Bend EVS lathes are supplied with an adjustable feed rod clutch and stop collar on the feed rod. This is a great safety feature when working close to the chuck. Set the stop collar so the saddle and tool post are positioned at a safe distance from the chuck and tighten the lock screw. Adjust the feed rod clutch to a low setting. If the carriage comes into contact with the collar, the clutch slips, saving your machine from a serious crash.
Like all South Bend lathes, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe are available on-line and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Fagor DRO included
- Swing over bed: 14.17"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Swing over cross slide: 8.375"
- Swing over gap: 20.98"
- Cross slide travel: 9"
- Compound slide travel: 5.1"
- Width of bed: 10.24"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 camlock
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Spindle taper: MT#6
- Spindle speeds: Variable from 20 to 2500 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Tailstock travel: 6"
- Tailstock quill diameter: 2.047"
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (45 changes)
- Metric thread range: 0.2 to 14 mm (39 changes)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 changes)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 changes)
- Longitudinal feed range: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR
- Cross feed range: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 45
- Coolant motor size: 1/8 HP
- Spindle motor size: 5 HP
- SB1013 voltage: 440V, 3-phase, 60 Hz
- Machine footprint: 19-1/2" x 82"
- Working envelope: 55" x 91"
- Approximate shipping weight: 3234 lbs.
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- Meehanite casting, signature South Bend
- Three V-bed
- 8" 3 jaw scroll chuck w/ D1-6 plate
- 10" 4 jaw ind. chuck D1-6
- 12" faceplate
- Safety chuck guard with microswitch shut-off
- Steady rest with ball bearing roller tips
- Follow rest
- 4-way tool post
- Halogen lamp
- Complete coolant system
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Spindle sleeve MT#6/MT#4
- Two MT#4 Dead centers
- Threading dial indicator
- Leveling pads - 8 pcs.
- Full length splash guard
- Front removable sliding chip tray
- Tool set and box
- Revised operation manual and parts list
- Yaskawa G7A23P7 inverter