SB1013F 14" x 40" Electronic Variable-Speed 440V Toolroom Lathe w/ Fagor DRO
For when EVS is the minimum you require on a 440V lathe.
The Electronic Variable-Speed spindle control allows the operator to quickly set the exact spindle speed within the available range of 20–2500 RPM. Spindle speed is displayed on the digital readout.
The powerful 5 HP, 3-phase spindle motor benefits from the Yaskawa variable-frequency driver inverter and ensures smooth, consistent torque at every speed.
The beds are constructed with Meehanite castings that have been precision-ground and hardened in the traditional three-V prismatic design.
The feed rod includes a slip clutch that disables automatic carriage feed in the event of a crash or when it contacts the feed stop.
The spindles are the D1-6 camlock type with an MT#6 taper and 2.0625" bore. The tailstock quills offer 6" of travel and have a MT#4 taper.
The SB1013F manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your lathe.
All South Bend lathes come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts and accessories for the lathe are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle Motor: 5 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 7A (with inverter)
- Power requirement: 440V, 3-phase, 15A
- Bed width: 10.25"
- Swing over bed: 14.17"
- Swing over saddle: 13.78"
- Swing over gap: 20.98”
- Distance between centers: 40.00"
- Cross slide travel: 9.25”
- Compound slide travel: 5.10”
- Carriage travel: 38.58”
- Spindle nose: D1-6 camlock
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Spindle taper: MT#6
- Spindle speeds: Variable, 20-2500 RPM
- Spindle length: 24.24"
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Tailstock quill travel: 6.00"
- From 2 to 72 TPI (45 pitches) of Inch threads
- From 0.20 to 14.00mm (39 pitches) of Metric threads
- From 0.30 to 3.5 MP (18 pitches) of Modular pitches
- From 8 to 44.00 DP (21 pitches) of Diametral pitches
- From 0.002 to 0.067 IPR (17 feeds) of Longitudinal range
- From 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (17 feeds) of Cross range
- Maximum tool bit size is 3/4"
- Overall dimensions: 91-1/2" W x 39-1/2" D x 59" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2984 pounds
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- Meehanite castings
- Yaskawa G7A23P7 inverter
- 8" 3 jaw scroll chuck w/ D1-6 plate
- 10" 4 jaw ind. chuck D1-6
- 12" faceplate
- US based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.