SB1038F 16" x 40" Lathe 440V with DRO
South Bend special engineering with strict control over tolerances, materials and finish!
The most seasoned machinist will appreciate the features and functionality of the SB1038F 16" x 40" Lathe 440V with DRO.
The dial-controlled, electronically variable spindle speed between 20-2500 RPM is displayed on a Fagor digital readout.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with patented Meehanite-processed castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
The headstocks feature quick-change gear levers and the carriages include an adjustable clutch that disables automatic carriage feed when it contacts the feed stop or in the event of a crash.
The spindles are D1-6 camlock with an MT#6 taper and 2.0625" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#4 taper and 6" of quill travel.
The SB1038F manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
All South Bend lathes come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts and accessories for the lathe are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 7-1/2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 11A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.15A
- Oil pump motor: 1/4 HP, 0.6A
- Swing over bed: 16"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Swing over cross slide: 10-3/8"
- Swing over gap: 22.95"
- Width of bed: 10-1/4"
- Cross slide travel: 9-1/4"
- Compound slide travel: 5.1"
- Spindle nose: D1-5 camlock
- Spindle taper: MT #6
- Spindle speeds: (variable) 20-2500 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #4
- Tailstock travel: 6"
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (45 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.2 to 14 mm (39 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR (17)
- Cross feeds: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (17)
- Overall dimensions: 86" W x 33" D x 61" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 3132 lbs.
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- Superior Meehanite castings
- Signature South Bend three V-way bed
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- Yaskawa Inverter
- NSK or NTN Japanese spindle bearings
- Full-length splash guard
- Front removable sliding chip tray
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Threading dial indicator
- 9" 3 jaw scroll chuck w/ D1-6 back plate
- 10" 4-jaw chuck D1-6
- 12" faceplate D1-6
- US based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.